This is a job listing for Women's Center of Beaver Co.
The Women’s Center is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Shelter Counselor. Training and team supervision is provided. Excellent opportunity to work with domestic and sexual violence survivors in a social services advocacy environment. The Women’s Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to continually expanding the Center’s ability to provide culturally responsive services and a culturally responsive work environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social work, or related field. Training and work history will be considered.
- Experience working with diverse populations and groups preferred.
- Experience dealing with individuals in residential settings or crisis situation.
- Act 33/34/FBI Clearances upon hire.
- Responsible for participating in a rotating shift schedule for a residential facility for domestic violence victims, homeless women, and their children. Working independently during some shifts.
- Provide counseling, goal planning, advocacy, and educational workshops to shelter residents.
- Provide support to 24-hour helpline and provide helpline callers with information and counseling.
- Complete shelter intake and exit interviews during shift coverage.
Salary and Benefits
- $18.75 an hour plus $1.50 shift differential; 40 hours a week
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time; 12 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans with low employee contribution rate.
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Mileage for off-site work
- Life Insurance and Short-term Disability
Submit letter of interest and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Job Listings