PCADV works both on the state and local level to ensure people recognize the links between animal abuse and domestic violence. To that end, we provide training and resources for local domestic violence programs, court personnel, domestic violence attorneys and Magisterial District Judges that help serve these communities in meaningful ways.
Partners on this issue are the Harrisburg Area Humane Society, the Pennsylvania State Humane Society, and the National LINK Coalition. All recognize the importance of combining domestic violence and animal abuse in trainings and content. They also recognize the ability to reach wider audiences through working with PCADV and the need to provide this information to our program staff, and allied professionals and are more than willing to create content and lend their expertise.
Our current and future work includes:
- Series of trainings for Court Personnel on the link between Animal Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Jurist articles and STOP Technical Assistance Bulletins on the link between Animal Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Benchcards on Animal Abuse and Libre’s Law for Pennsylvania judges
- New chapters for both the Court of Common Pleas and Magisterial District Judges
- Benchbooks on the link between Animal Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Attorneys’ Network Trainings