- Moms deserve more – including equal payThe motherhood penalty is the cost a woman bears when she decides to have a child, and it is punishing.
- Kanye’s behavior toward Kim is abuse, not entertainmentIn February 2021, as a pandemic-weary public caught wind of the split between Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, folks mostly seemed to view it as celebrity “clickbait.” An interesting distraction […]
- SOS: Seeking help in a virtual worldMorse code, upside-down flags, and words like Mayday are just a few of the ways we have learned to signal for help when something goes wrong. In a growing virtual […]
- Why don’t they just leave: Examining 8 barriers that exist for survivorsIf you take one look at Celeste Wright’s life, it’s easy to feel envious. She has a house overlooking the ocean. She has a stunning husband. She has adorable twin boys. She’s had a successful career that she can step away from, while still […]
- Britney Spears’ conservatorship reveals many common tactics of abuseActivation Warning: This blog contains descriptions of abuse, which may be difficult to read. Britney Spears is no stranger to the limelight. After all, she’s been a public figure in […]
- The Underlying Impact of Financial AbuseDomestic violence is more than just physical violence. That’s a part of it, yes, but there are many forms of abuse that are examples of domestic violence. One of the […]
- Stalking Isn’t RomanticThis blog was updated on December 14 after the release of the third season of “You.” Pop culture misses the serious reality Heading into late 2018, if you asked someone […]
- Giving Tuesday: A chance to make a differenceDecember is the season for giving, and after the tumultuous year that 2020 was, there are many who are in need of cheer and, most importantly, help.
Visit the Newsroom