This is a job listing for Centre Safe
Full-time, exempt position, $15.00 per hour + excellent benefits
The Shelter/Housing Advocate is part of the shelter team and provides direct services to all shelter clients. This includes individual counseling, intake and exit interviews, information and referral, implementing shelter guidelines and maintaining the physical space.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Provide direct services to shelter clients.
• Provide information and referral around economic and career counseling and education, successful re-entry into the community after being incarcerated, overcoming barriers for those with disabilities and for underserved populations, and immigration rights and services.
• Collaborate to develop and implement a day program for all clients to include life skills workshops, counseling and advocacy, and facilitate access to needed services
• Participate in the development and evaluation of shelter policies and procedures
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field or minimum of two years of experience in residential services preferred
• Must successfully complete the Centre Safe Counselor/Advocate Training post-employment
• Computer proficiency at a basic level including the ability to conduct website searches, navigate through programs and multiple screens, perform data entry, and use common word processing, email, calendar, and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Office programs preferred)
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle, in order to drive self to other locations throughout Centre County, and ability to transport clients in the company vehicle.
• Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of individuals
To be considered for employment, please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
140 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, PA 16801
Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Review of resumes will begin immediately. Resumes will be accepted until June 9, 2022, or until the position is filled.
Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse
View All Job Listings