This is a job listing for Safe Berks
*3 openings available*
To provide services to women & children survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual violence in Safe House setting. To advocate at the Berks County Community System level for women’s needs. Support, respect, and grant equality and fairness to all women and their children
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following):
1. Provide emotional support to women and children coming from violent homes
2. Provide individual supportive counseling to women residing in Safe House
3. Bilingual (Spanish and English) required.
3. Interact positively with women residing in Safe House
4. Assist women in developing positive interactions with client’s children
5. Conduct intake interviews with women seeking Safe House services
6. Process crisis hotline telephone calls and text messages from victims of domestic/sexual violence
7. Document daily activities and maintain record keeping relevant to program services
Every other weekend, Saturday & Sunday – 3 to 11 p.m.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or physical or other abilities required.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• 3-5 years experience working with women & children
• Associates Degree in related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Ability to communicate effectively and handle crisis situations
• Ability to deal effectively with victims, their children & co-workers
• Child Abuse, State Police, & FBI Clearances
• Completion of 66 Hour Sexual & Domestic Violence Training
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
• Provide general clerical & housekeeping duties.
• Show new residents their rooms
• Inspect rooms for cleanliness
• Attend and participate in Safe House meetings and staff meetings.
• Requires current Criminal Background, Child Abuse and FBI clearances.
View All Job Listings