This is a job listing for Alice Paul House, Indiana, PA
Alice Paul House is a comprehensive victim service program located in Indiana, PA. We provide services to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime and juvenile offenders.
VOCA Grant Funded March 2020 thru February 2022
This is a mid-management position. This position will be responsible for the oversight of Prevention Education and Awareness department, the Education Advocates and the development of lesson plans, preparation and delivery of prevention education and awareness programming that facilitate active learning experiences. Requirements: Develop lesson plans; establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities; prepare classroom activities; provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities; and identify and select a variety of instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs. This position is also responsible to be proficient in tracking and entering statistical information into APH databases and be accountable to the Direct Service Coordinator for accurate, timely submissions into these databases. The expectation is to create interactive relationships within the Indiana County School system and Community Partner Agencies, and present relevant prevention and awareness programs. This position may require the employee to be available during non-business hours and weekends to provide educational activities during non-school hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in post-secondary education or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology proficient, with ability to work with MS Office suite of programs expected.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and build productive relationships with multiple stakeholders including students, families, school-based staff, central office staff, universities, employers, and community partners.
- Engage students, their families, and their communities year-round, through formal and informal activities, to stimulate and support collective impact and to help students utilize the resources available within their social networks.
- Keep record of student participation, student information, and work/activities accomplished.
- Set measurable goals, monitor benchmarks, celebrate milestones and document evidence of student growth; provide effective feedback and reflection.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) and sensitivity to issues of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
- Supervisory experience desired.
Interested candidates should forward their resume, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 724-349-7883
Attention: Whitney Carmichael
Deadline: Friday May 15, 2020
View All Job Listings