This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Provides group facilitation for men who batter, schedules and conducts intakes, returns phone calls, & completes accurate and timely data entry. Work schedule: days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Plan for and facilitate off-site intervention groups for men who batter (primarily with a co-facilitator).
- Schedule and conduct Intake appointments with participants.
- Must return participant voicemails or texts within 24 hours.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records and submit all tracking and participant data in a timely manner following established protocol.
- Meet regularly with MENS Team to review, receive and prioritize tasks and discuss issues/problems of the MENS program.
- Meet weekly with MENS Supervisor.
- Make appropriate referrals to participants for additional assistance.
- Attend quarterly BIP Community meetings.
- Attend professional training and meetings, as required.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Clinical experience and/or background in psychology, social work, or group facilitation. A Bachelors’ Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, education, or related field is required; Masters’ Degree preferred.
- Experience as a group facilitator and understanding of group dynamics required.
- Counseling skills preferred.
- Effective communication skills, including: active listening, critical thinking, reading comprehension, professional writing skills, and effective verbal skills.
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues. Demonstrate an understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamic, and child abuse and neglect.
- Willingness to learn and work with the Allegheny County domestic violence court system.
- Motivation and interest in improving skills and knowledge to grow with the expanding needs of the organization.
- Work well independently and in a team.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to complete paperwork and enter data in a timely and accurate fashion required.
- Reliability and accountability.
- Ability to understand and use the following:
- Confidentiality and safety procedures.
- Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- ACT 33/34 and FBI Clearances required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability and commitment to:
- Create and sustain a respectful environment for participants and with co-workers
- Help men understand healthy stress coping skills
- Motivate and coach men to adopt non-abusive behaviors
- Be motivated to model self-care and a healthy emotional and social lifestyle for men
- Establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect and rapport with men
- Recognize and help men counter stereotypes of both men and women
- Be willing to work collaboratively with colleagues and other professionals
- Be proactive in seeking professional development and guidance from supervisors
- Respond to trauma disclosures and reactions appropriately and with cultural sensitivity
- Show compassion, empathy, and authenticity, and to know how and when to model each
- Teach men how to recognize their triggers and to help them develop time-out safety plans and other tools for healthy relationships
- Recognize how one’s own socialization, attitudes, and knowledge about gender may affect your professionalism with men
Salary & Benefits
- This position is full time and non-exempt.
- Salary is mid-$30,000s annually.
- WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
About Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 8,000 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 500 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers.
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
Send resume and cover letter to the Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business day Monday, January 20, 2020.
View All Job Listings