This is a job listing for SAFE Berks
Position Title: Medical Advocacy Partnership Program Specialist
Core Hours: Full-time 40 hours/week, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., 10-20 hours per week on-call
Supervisor: Director of the Medical Advocacy Partnership Program
Department: Medical Advocacy Partnership Program (MAPP)
FLSA Status: Exempt
FLSA Exemption Test: Learned Professional Exemption
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: $45,000 – $48,000
Medical Advocate Specialists will be expected to regularly engage in activities that create, promote, or sustain relationships with hospital and health care-based community partners. Provide ongoing education and outreach to all health care systems in Berks County, as well as provide immediate support and referrals to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in health care related task force/team creation, leadership, or attendance.
- Oversee or guide policy or procedural change within health care systems that improve awareness of and response to domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking.
- Maintain and build interactions with teams or individual professionals outside the program that allow an advocate to build strong relationships within the health care community on behalf of victims and survivors.
- Create trainings and outreach programs that focus on the screening and documentation procedures, referrals to domestic violence programs, and best practices for working with victims and survivors.
- Prepare, present/co-present, and schedule the trainings and outreach programs for health care providers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, including nights and weekends.
- Provide direct service to patients/ clients in health care settings. This assistance may come in the form of counseling, support, internal and external referrals, and/or advocacy regarding the safety and health of the victim or survivor and their family.
- Maintain record keeping relevant to program services.
- Understand and generate statistical data to show areas that need improvement.
- Maintain annual minimum training requirements mandated by funding sources (PCADV requires 8 DV training hours and PCAR requires 6 SV training hours).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or physical or other abilities required.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create good working relationships within the Health Care Field
- Ability to create presentations and outreach materials
- Ability to provide relevant training to Health Care Staff and volunteers.
- Ability to maintain effective interactions with victims and their children
- Willing to pitch in; be a team player
- Crisis intervention skills
- Commitment to ongoing personal development
Employment Experience (amount and kind)
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience in human services or health care field.
Education (general level required or specific courses)
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate counseling field, Master’s preferred; or equivalent experience.
State Police, Child Abuse and FBI Clearance
- 66-Hour Sexual and Domestic Violence Training
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- Driving is necessary for MAPP calls, site-to-site travel, groups in community
View All Job Listings