This is a job listing for Safe Berks
Job Type: Full-time
Core Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (occasional evenings and weekends may be required based on departmental needs)
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
FLSA Exemption Test: Administrative Exemption
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: $65,000-$70,000
The Managing Director of Client Services is responsible for oversight of all direct services provided by Safe Berks to victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. The Managing Director ensures that the delivery of services to victims and survivors is aligned with the agency’s mission and complies with regulations and guidelines established by state-wide coalitions. This position shall be the Direct Services Supervisor as specified in 42 PA C.S.A. §5945.1.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following):
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the department heads of: Residential Services, Legal Services, and Counseling.
- Provides oversight to the Economic and Housing Program and indirectly supervises program staff.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining department handbooks and standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing and retaining all client files for the required time-period and for disposing of client paper files after the required time has expired.
- Serves as the agency’s liaison to the victim services community including system-based programs, community-based programs and state-wide coalitions including the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD), PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) and the PA Coalition Against Rape (PCAR).
- Responsible for the development of standards, methods, and procedures for evaluating and monitoring victims’ services.
- Responsible for overseeing the administration of applicable program grant applications and has a working knowledge and understanding of grant related data and information.
- Responsible for the timely submission of required grant reports as required by each funder.
- Responsible for oversight of departmental budgets.
- Responsible for reviewing outcome data obtained from MOVERS and ESQLF surveys to assess internal service delivery.
- Responsible for encouraging collaboration and cross training with other internal departments.
- Responsible for building collaborations with other external departments and agencies such as the Department of Human Services, the Department of Education, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Services, The District Attorneys Association, the Chiefs of Police Association, etc.
- Responds to requests for program and or initiative information.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets state and federal regulations, guidelines, and directives as they may relate to victim services.
- All other duties as determined by department supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or physical or other abilities required.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Crisis intervention skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Public speaking skills
Employment Experience (amount and kind)
- 6+ years’ experience in the human services or related field
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Experience participating in federal or state grant applications
- Previous experience working in direct service for victims of DV/SA required
Education (general level required or specific courses)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, or other related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- Completion of a background check request, FBI, State Police, and Child Abuse Clearances obtained prior to employment through agency vendor
- Completion of 66-hour Sexual and Domestic Violence Training provided by agency
- Valid driver’s license and insurance are required to travel to client sites
View All Job Listings