This is a job listing for Safe Berks
Core Hours: 20 hours per week, 5–9 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional availability needed for weekends
Supervisor: Lead Residential Children’s Advocate
Department: Residential Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
FLSA Exemption Test: N/A
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: $15.00/hour
The Bilingual Residential Children’s Advocate Assistant provides services to children who are survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault in the Residential Services Department. This position provides support to the full-time Children’s Advocate in the delivery of the children’s program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following):
- Assist in the delivery of the Safe Berks ‘Ready to Read’ program to children from pre-school age through 3rd grade.
- Completion of related data entry and outcomes measurements collection.
- Implement daily, age-appropriate activities for children, which include but are not limited to reading, music, art activities, field trips, outdoor play, etc.
- Provide basic tutoring for school-age children as needed.
- Perform light housekeeping as needed.
- Attend and participate in department and agency staff meetings.
- All other duties as determined by department supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or physical or other abilities required.Requirements
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills required
- Crisis intervention skills
- Effective oral and written skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products
Employment Experience (amount and kind)
- 1 year of work experience in human services working with children
Education (general level required or specific courses)
- High school diploma or equivalent degree required
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- Completion of a background check request, FBI, State Police, and Child Abuse Clearances obtained prior to employment through agency vendor
- Completion of 66-hour Sexual and Domestic Violence Training provided by agency
View All Job Listings