This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
About the agency
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving more than 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to more than 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence.
Our Mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and
amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship (SUCCESS).
About the role:
As an Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Homeless Specialist, you will provide consultation on specific IPV situations to Allegheny County Adult and Child Homeless Providers who are working with individuals or families experiencing IPV.
This role will provide one-on-one coaching to interested staff of partner homeless organizations to enhance their ability to work with individuals or families concurrently experiencing IPV and housing insecurity. Additionally, the role will deliver trainings on IPV to Allegheny County Homeless Providers, and provide direct services (as requested by partner organizations) to individuals and/or families involved with the homeless systems who are also experiencing IPV.
This position has the capacity to work remotely, though some travel will be needed to the WC&S office and homeless provider offices. (Please note that Allegheny County homeless providers can be reached by bus.)
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your active listening, communication, and training skills, and the ability to contribute to the organization’s Mission in a variety of ways. If you are comfortable working with adults and children, collaborating with other human service agencies, and are passionate about working with populations experiencing housing insecurity, we are eager to hear from you.
WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Homeless Provider Program-Related Responsibilities
• Establishes and maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with providers.
• Provides consultations as requested to homeless provider staff regarding specific situations of client individuals or families experiencing IPV.
• Provides training to new and veteran provider staff on the intersection of IPV (introduction to IPV, dynamics, safety planning, resources, intersection of IPV and child welfare, etc.).
• Implements and collects qualitative and quantitative measures to evaluate program efficacy.
• Provides culturally competent crisis intervention and supportive services to survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV) and their children as requested by partner organizations; involves our specialized Refugee, Immigrant, Limited English Proficiency (RIL) Team to assist with service delivery, if needed.
• Provides culturally competent crisis intervention services to individuals using abusive behavior, as requested by partner organizations; may involve our MENS Program team for additional resources and assistance, if needed.
• Provides ongoing systems advocacy on behalf of survivors of IPV to drive any needed change within the various systems (justice system, housing systems, etc.) serving homeless individuals and families.
• Utilizes knowledge of provider agencies in Allegheny County to effectively coordinate WC&S services with other agencies to benefit individuals or families involved with the homeless system.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Here’s what we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work/social sciences or related field (commensurate experience will be considered)
• 1-3 years’ experience working in direct service in a human service agency, preferably working with IPV victims, perpetrators, or children
• A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power, and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect
• Excellent presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a team environment
• Experience working in organizations with a successful track record in diversity and inclusion cultures preferred
• Ability to establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect, and rapport with a diverse population of clients and colleagues
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual proficiency helpful
• Ability to effectively navigate Allegheny County in a timely fashion. A vehicle is not required, though preferential in the course of this position’s duties
• Ability to complete paperwork and enter data in a timely and accurate fashion required.
• Strong command of general technology, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite is required; familiarity and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, Tableau, and Teams strongly preferred
• Ability to understand and adhere to strict confidentiality and safety procedures
• Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email with the subject line “IPV Homeless Specialist” to firstname.lastname@example.org
View All Job Listings