This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
As a WC&S CYF (Children, Youth, and Families) IPV Specialist, you would provide consultation, coaching, and training to Office of Children Youth and Family Services (OCYF) Caseworkers. This role will provide outreach and services to families experiencing intimate partner violence (IPV), while serving the adult and child survivors along with working with the parties utilizing offending behaviors. The role is co-located between the WC&S office and the assigned CYF offices.
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 8,000 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 500 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers
Here’s what you will do:
- Provide consultations to OCYF caseworkers and staff regarding families experiencing IPV.
- Collaborate with CYF caseworkers to actively engage the father or father figure with the services involving the child.
- Build rapport and work collaboratively with OCYF caseworkers and agency staff.
- Provide training to OCYF new and veteran caseworkers on the intersection of IPV and child welfare.
- Attend Conferencing and Teaming meetings with OCYF staff and their families experiencing IPV.
- Provide professional, culturally competent crisis intervention to survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV) and their children as well as parties utilizing offending behavior.
- Provide ongoing systems advocacy to the survivors of family violence within the Child Welfare System in Allegheny County.
- Access community-based resources in Allegheny County to effectively coordinate with WC&S services and families involved with OCYF.
- Be a subject matter expert to WC&S staff regarding CYF-related issues for survivors receiving services at WC&S.
- This position requires being available for regular on-call hours (including overnights, weekends, and holidays). 40 hours per week; 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with a weekly on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your skills, work across a variety of agencies, and the ability to contribute to the organization’s mission in a variety of ways.
If you are motivated and comfortable working with the family unit, including adults utilizing offending behaviors, we’re eager to hear from you. WC&S will offer you with an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge and skills.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work/social sciences or related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 1-3 years in direct service in a human service agency, preferably working with IPV victims, perpetrators, or children
- A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect
- Experience and proficiency with training professionals
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual proficiency (particularly American Sign Language and/or Spanish)preferred
- Ability to effectively navigate Allegheny County in a timely fashion. A vehicle is not required, though preferential in the course of this position’s duties
- Ability to understand confidentiality and safety procedures
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required
- Ability to establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect, and rapport with clients and otherprofessionalsWC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
- TO APPLY: This position will remain open until we find the best candidate for the position. To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Administration at email@example.com by end of business on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
View All Job Listings