This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
As the Facilities Assistant at WC&S, your primary role is to perform janitorial, cleaning, and light maintenance duties to ensure the facilities meet health and safety standards and present an attractive appearance. The successful candidate will have experience with performing these duties and comfort working within a social services organization serving a diverse client population. This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your janitorial, problem-solving, and organizational skills while contributing to a worthy cause and being part of an action- and advocacy-centered organization. This role will be based out of the WC&S main facility, though some travel to a local satellite office may be required occasionally.
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 500 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers. You must be dedicated to ending domestic violence through your contributions to our organization. WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge and skills and make a difference in your community. If you are proficient in understanding and performing a wide variety of janitorial, cleaning, and maintenance duties, take pride in what you do, and are comfortable working independently, we are eager to hear from you.
Here’s what you will do:
- Clean facilities and work areas including furnishings, bathrooms, fixtures, walls, and floors; remove waste material.
- Receive, manage, and process work order requests; ensure problems are resolved quickly.
- Assist with deliveries.
- Assist with coordination of yearly equipment maintenance schedules and outside contracted services/companies.
- Perform minor, routine repairs and maintenance as needed and per the yearly maintenance schedule.
- Adhere to City and County code compliances and ensure occupational safety and compliance with Board of Health Standards.
- Participate in WC&S Safety Committee; assist in maintaining the safety of the facilities.
- This position is full-time, non-exempt. Ideal schedule will be 40 hours per week Sunday through Thursday, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM with alternate schedules available if required.
- Occasional travel may be required to nearby satellite office (vehicle not required).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- Ability to handle routine plumbing, carpentry and painting, and minor machinery repairs.
- Ability to meet physical requirements, including prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout facilities; lifting up to 25 pounds; bending, lifting, stretching, climbing, and crawling to maintain equipment and building; and performing work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to understand confidentiality and safety procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail.
- A willingness to understand abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamics, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect.
- Proficient in utilizing general technology including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Outlook, and online software platforms.
- Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances will be required.
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
This position will remain open until we find the best candidate for the position. To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business on Wednesday April 21, 2021.
View All Job Listings