This is a job listing for Safe Berks
Core Hours: Full-time 40 hours/week, Tuesday through Friday 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Supervisor: Director of Residential Services
Department: Residential Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
FLSA Exemption Test: N/A
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: $16.00/hour
To provide services to victims of domestic violence and/or sexual violence in the Residential Department. Assess clients needs and provide safety planning, resources, and advocate in the community. Support, respect, and grant equality and fairness to all clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following):
1. Provide emotional support to victims coming from violent homes.
2. Provide individual supportive counseling to clients residing in Safe House.
3. Interact positively with clients residing in the Residential Department.
4. Assist clients in developing positive interactions with their children.
5. Complete intake and intake process with all new residents.
6. Conduct assessments with victims seeking services via phone, text line, or in person.
7. Process crisis hotline telephone calls and text messages from victims of domestic/sexual violence.
8. Document daily activities and maintain record keeping relevant to program services.
9. Communicate effectively when handling crisis situations.
10. Provide general clerical & housekeeping duties.
11. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or physical or other abilities required. Requirements
Educational & Experience Requirements:
a. 3-5 years experience working in the social services field
b. High School diploma required
c. Ability to deal effectively with victims, their children & co-workers
d. Child Abuse, State Police, & FBI Clearances
e. Experience in crisis intervention
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
View All Job Listings