This is a job listing for Centre Safe
Centre Safe is now hiring two (2) Community Educators to extend Centre Safe’s outreach, education, awareness, and prevention work throughout Centre County. These positions will build relationships, facilitate trainings and programs, participate in community events to raise awareness about our services, and manage projects to increase community understanding of domestic and sexual violence as well as knowledge about Centre Safe as a community resource.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Plan, create, and implement prevention programs, awareness campaigns, and education efforts to youth and adults on issues of sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking
- Identify, build, and maintain partnerships with community leaders and organizations throughout Centre County
- Conduct community assessments to determine readiness for and appropriate types of prevention and education programming
- Work collaboratively with individuals, groups, and communities to strengthen knowledge and skills
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of two years’ experience working in the education or human services field is required
- Experience in public speaking and written communication preferred
- Experience in project management and implementation preferred
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of individuals
- Must successfully complete the Centre Safe Counselor/Advocate Training post-employment
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and have reliable motor vehicle transportation
- Computer proficiency at a basic level (Microsoft Office programs preferred)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
To be considered for employment, please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
140 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, PA 16801
Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Review of resumes will begin immediately. Resumes will be accepted until August 12, or until the position is filled.
Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.
View All Job Listings