Do you have a passion for social justice and improving systems’ responses to victims of domestic violence? Are you someone who is invested in our vision that domestic violence can and must come to an end for the next generation? The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) is dedicated to reducing, preventing, and educating the community about domestic violence. PCADV is currently seeking a creative Communications Specialist to work within the Public Affairs Department to assure the organization’s mission, vision, products, and/or services are being promoted according and consistently across all platforms.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implement the organization’s digital media strategy and monitor social media communities.
- Create content for communications campaigns and implement strategies to drive engagement
- Assist with the development of content (internal/external communications, newsletters, appeals, letters, curriculum, presentations, press releases); provide proofreading & copy editing as needed
- Prepare and implement PCADV’s annual communications plan, including content development, across communications channels
- Serve as a brand ambassador to ensure that the organization’s brand is consistently communicated across internal and external communications
- Assist with generating analytics reports
- Make regular content updates to PCADV’s website properties
- Attend and participate in PCADV staff meetings, delegation meetings and in-service trainings as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that offers the exciting opportunity to support and guide a dynamic, mission-driven organization as a member of the PCADV’s team. PCADV offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Initiative and ability to work beyond instructions and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, multi-task and shift priorities when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously
- Demonstrated experience in social media and web content publishing and digital ad management; proven creativity skills
- Graphic design experience required; proficient in social media content strategy, publishing and advertising
- Experienced Mac user; Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and Microsoft 365
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in Communications or Marketing preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in creating content for print and digital media
- Understanding of typography, page layout and color theory preferred; understanding of print pre-press and production processes
- Experience in using email marketing platforms
- Commitment to PCADV’s mission and Principles of Unity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people
Apply for this position here.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Documents formatted in MS Word, pdf, or Rich Text Format may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PCADV Human Resources
3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Attention: Human Resources
PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse staff to better serve domestic violence victims and program staff, many of whom experience racial, gender, economic and other/multiple oppressions. We seek people from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to PCADV’s mission to end domestic violence, to social justice and to working for social change.