This is a job listing for SAFE Berks
Core Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday with occasional evenings and weekends
Supervisor: Director of Education and Outreach
Department: Education and Outreach
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
FLSA Exemption Test: N/A
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: $19/hour
The Bilingual Community Education provides education and information on issues surrounding domestic violence, sexual assault, healthy relationship development and prevention to a wide variety of audiences. These audiences include school age children from pre-school aged up to and including college students, camp participants, parents and other community members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following):
- Provide classroom and virtual instruction to school aged children using the Healthy Relationship Project Curriculum.
- Engage with parents to provide instruction on the Parent portion of the Healthy Relationship Project.
- Provide education and professional training to teachers, other school employees and community members on topics related to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and the Healthy Relationship Project.
- Engage in community outreach to disseminate information regarding issues of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and topics related to the Healthy Relationship Project.
- Assist in planning and facilitating Camp Safe Berks.
- Assist in planning and facilitating special events as requested.
- Provide prompt response to requests for Safe Berks education and informational materials to all sectors of the community.
- Maintain necessary record keeping relevant to program services.
- Maintain a flexible schedule, which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as determined by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or physical or other abilities required.Requirements
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Power Point, video production)
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work with and relate to children and youth
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the rights of victims and survivors as well as issues of social oppression, including from the feminist perspective.
- Committed to ongoing personal development and ability to think creatively.
- Commitment to Safe Berks mission and core values
Employment Experience (amount and kind):
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an educational setting, public relations, or human services field(s)
Education (general level required or specific courses):
- Associates degree in Education, Social Work, Gender Studies, or related Human Services subject preferred but will consider relevant employment experience in lieu of degree.
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- Completion of a background check request, FBI, State Police, and Child Abuse Clearances obtained prior to employment through agency vendor
- Completion of 66-hour Sexual and Domestic Violence Training provided by agency
View All Job Listings