This is a job listing for Blackburn Center
This full-time staff person is responsible for supporting college campuses and health care systems in providing an appropriate and informed response to victims of sexual assault and domestic/dating violence; and engaging college campuses in the primary prevention of gender-based violence. This is a non-exempt position as defined in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Intervention activities on college campuses: support an appropriate and informed response to students who are victims of domestic/dating violence or sexual assault through activities on college campuses and trainings for faculty and staff.
- Medical systems advocacy: support an appropriate and informed response to victims of domestic violence or sexual assault who are seeking medical support:
- Develop protocol for response to victims within healthcare systems.
- Develop a strategy, and materials, for health care systems training.
- Provide ongoing training to health care systems.
- Provide advocacy/accompaniment services for victims of crime to medical proceedings.
- Primary prevention activities on college campuses: provide implementation support to a project that engages college students in the primary prevention of domestic/dating violence and sexual assault:
- Support a review of campus policies to enhance gender equity.
- Provide support for the implementation of campus-wide and classroom-based activities that invite students and faculty to challenge the social and gender norms that perpetuate gender-based violence.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work, counseling, or a related field.
- Experience in public speaking and development/provision of trainings.
- Experience in counseling, preferably with individuals in crisis, is desired.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license; ability to travel throughout Westmoreland County.
- Ability to deal with crisis and conflict in a professional, positive, and effective manner.
- Ability to manage time effectively, and function both independently and as a team member.
- PA and FBI Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the program philosophy of the agency.
- Understanding of the issues Blackburn Center addresses in the community.
Please submit resume to:
Education/Outreach Program Manager
P.O. Box 398
Greensburg, PA 15601
Blackburn Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
View All Job Listings