This is a job listing for Alice Paul House
About Alice Paul House
Alice Paul House is a comprehensive victim service program located in Indiana, PA. We provide services to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime, and juvenile offenders.
Shelter Advocate 1 – Part Time
This position provides support to the Shelter Department, the Victim Advocate Department, and the Direct Services Coordinator of the Alice Paul House. This position reports to the Direct Services Assistant and Direct Services Coordinator is responsible for all data entry requirements. The expectation is to be available to provide empowerment and trauma-based support to survivors through legal, medical, and counseling advocacy, as well as assist residents in shelter with their goal planning and crisis intervention techniques to move forward. This position requires the employee to be available on average 20 hours or more a week to include weekends, evenings, and overnight shifts to provide crisis intervention to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crimes, and juvenile offenders, as well as support to the shelter residents, and provide crisis intervention to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crimes, and juvenile offenders via the 24-hour crisis hotline.
The Shelter Advocate 1 will be scheduled to work varied shifts, including daylight, evenings, midnights, holidays, and weekends. Work hours vary according to 24-hour crisis hotline and shelter needs.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in public or private social work, or an equivalent combination of experience and education which includes twelve (12) credits in sociology, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology proficient, with ability to work with MS Office suite of programs expected.
- Certification in the 80-hour domestic violence and sexual assault counselor/advocate training required by PCADV and PCAR
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean DMV record, and reliable method of transportation
- Must have clear PA State Police, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- Sensitivity to Victims’ issues and needs, including the ability to understand and follow all regulatory requirements regarding safety and confidentiality of clients
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) and sensitivity to issues of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Interested candidates should forward their resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 724-349-7883
Attention: Whitney Carmichael
Deadline: Friday, September 18, 2020
View All Job Listings