This is a job listing for YWCA York
This position will work for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence providing legal advice and representation in civil legal matters including but not limited to child custody, divorce, and domestic relations.
The Staff Attorney will have the assistance of the Paralegal. The Staff Attorney will maintain statistics for reporting requirements as needed. Overnight and multiple-day travel may be necessary and access to reliable transportation is essential. Must be dedicated to the mission of YWCA York to empower women and eliminate racism and foster peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide civil legal representation to clients of the victim services programs of YWCA York, including matters of divorce, custody, and domestic relations.
- Maintain confidential materials and information associated with all clients.
- Work in conjunction with the Legal Advocacy Director and the agency’s legal advocates to meet the legal needs of clients and provide consultation to legal advocates and clients as needed.
- Work with Legal Advocacy Director to prioritize referrals to the program.
- Attend trainings as appropriate to fulfill grant requirements including PCADV/PCAR Advocate training and CLE trainings to maintain licensure.
- Attend CLR Grant meetings at PCADV.
- Remain current and maintain a thorough knowledge of all legislation that may affect victims of crime and/or the department.
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with community agencies such as the county court system including: York County Bar Association, Domestic Relations and the legal advocates at the Protection from Abuse Office.
- Attend YWCA York-sponsored and community special events as requested.
- Adhere to YWCA York conduct and service standards per funding agencies such as PCADV, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Current Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of litigation experience.
- Substantive knowledge of family law.
- Must complete PCAR/PCCD/PCADV advocate training within 90 days of employment.
- Experience with and passion for the provision of services to victims of domestic violence
- and sexual assault.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically and upholds organizational values.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Develops working knowledge of trauma-informed care and the dynamics of domestic violence and trauma.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
In addition to the duties listed above, this position also has physical components as listed below. The list is intended to give an overview of the position as performed by a person without disabilities. In conformance with the Americans With Act, YWCA York will make reasonable adjustments to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation where necessary.
• Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 25 pounds.
• May require driving in inclement weather.
Those interested in applying can email Lillie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Job Listings