The Communications Specialist supports the Fund Development and Communications Department and Coalition with storytelling by strategically implementing digital and print projects to advance awareness of the organization and its mission. Primary responsibilities include producing and editing print and digital media, upholding brand guidelines, updating content on PCADV’s website properties, managing PCADV’s social media presence, and tracking and evaluating results. The ideal candidate will have excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, a strong understanding of digital and traditional media platforms, and a passion for social impact.
This position is full-time, non-exempt, with the option to work fully remote or hybrid. The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the implementation of PCADV’s annual communications plan across internal and external communications channels
- Implement the organization’s digital media strategy, utilize analytics and social listening to inform future strategies and drive engagement, and monitor social media, email marketing, and other digital media trends and innovations
- Produce high-quality written and visual content, including but not limited to blog posts, social media content, engagement emails, newsletters, appeals, advocacy alerts, fact sheets and infographics, and video content that effectively communicates the Coalition’s key messages and impact
- Generate analytics reports for social media, email, and digital ad campaigns
- Assist with the development of print and digital publications; provide proofreading & copy editing as needed; serve as point-of-contact with print and production vendors
- Make regular content updates to PCADV’s website properties, including PCADV’s intranet and extranet
- Serve as a brand ambassador to ensure that the organization’s brand is consistently communicated across internal and external communications
- Attend and participate in PCADV staff meetings, delegation meetings, and in-service trainings as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; concentration in Communications, Marketing, or Design preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in creating content for print and digital media
- Initiative and ability to work beyond instructions and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and shift priorities when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Graphic design experience required; video and audio editing preferred; understanding of print pre-press and production processes a plus; photography and videography experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in social media and web content creation and publishing; experience with social media and web analytics preferred, basic understanding of SEO and Google Analytics a plus
- Experience in social media and other digital ad management
- Experience with email marketing platforms and strategy
- Experienced Mac user; Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and Microsoft 365; basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and XML a plus
- Experience with social media scheduling software and media listening platforms (Meltwater, Cision) a plus
- Commitment to PCADV’s mission and principles of unity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear/listen. The employee frequently moves and sits. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (DEI) STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAFF
At PCADV, we embrace diversity and our collective strength. We believe in creating a community where systems support all so everyone can thrive.
PCADV is committed to actively growing and developing in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion for all who serve within the organization. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all employees. To sustain a culture of accountability to DEI, every PCADV employee is responsible for the following behaviors and values:
- Accountability: We improve our organizational culture by engaging in healthy and constructive feedback behaviors.
- Celebrate: We acknowledge and celebrate our diversity through active understanding and respect. Everyone associated with PCADV is expected to engage in allyship behaviors, make connections, challenge stereotypes, and address incidents of unconscious bias.
- Engage: We engage each other by providing tools for success, getting to know others, allowing others to grow, recognizing the efforts of others, and encouraging teamwork through reciprocity with acts of kindness. We center relationship building in our work as colleagues.
- Identifying challenges and problem-solving: We identify gaps in communication, foster an environment of open and direct communication without repercussion, allow others to be and feel heard, define boundaries for awareness and safety, and seek solutions to problems big and small.
- Discovering: We commit to process discovery by highlighting opportunities, finding information, and measuring outcomes of organizational and team goals.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Documents formatted in MS Word, pdf, or Rich Text Format may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PCADV Human Resources
3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Attention: Human Resources
PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse staff to better serve domestic violence victims and program staff, many of whom experience racial, gender, economic and other/multiple oppressions. We seek people from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to PCADV’s mission to end domestic violence, to social justice and to working for social change.