This is a job listing for Alice Paul House
About Alice Paul House
Alice Paul House is a comprehensive victim service program located in Indiana, PA. We provide services to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime, and juvenile offenders.
Victim Advocate- On-Call – Part Time
This position provides support to the Victim Advocacy Department of Alice Paul House. The expectation is to be available to cover a minimum of 10 eight-hour on-call advocacy shifts per month, based on the number of active on-call advocates. This position requires the employee to be available during non-business hours and weekends to provide crisis intervention, medical and legal advocacy to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime, and juvenile offenders. This position reports to the Victim Advocate Coordinator and Direct Services Coordinator and is responsible for all data entry requirements. This position also works in tandem with the Counseling Department and the Shelter Department by providing client referrals, case updates, and recommendations to assist in empowerment and trauma-informed counseling, guidance, client assistance, and support. The expectation is to create relationships with all victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, victims of other crimes, and victims of juvenile offenders and engage the victim/survivor in empowerment regarding medical and legal advocacy issues.
Victim Advocate On-Call will be scheduled to work a varied work schedule to include, evening, weekends, and holidays. A stipend is paid for each on-call shift. An hourly rate is paid for actual on-call, in-person advocacy.
- One (1) year experience in the field of sociology, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or related social sciences; completion of the Alice Paul House 80 Hour Volunteer Crisis Intervention Training curriculum and four (4) months of active volunteer work with the Alice Paul House.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology proficient, with ability to work with MS Office suite of programs expected.
- Able to lift 25lbs
- Certification in the 80-hour domestic violence and sexual assault counselor/advocate training required by PCADV and PCAR
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean DMV record, and reliable method of transportation
- Must have clear PA State Police, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- Sensitivity to Victims’ issues and needs, including the ability to understand and follow all regulatory requirements regarding safety and confidentiality of clients
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) and sensitivity to issues of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
Interested candidates should forward their resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 724-349-7883
Attention: Whitney Carmichael
Deadline: Friday, September 18, 2020
View All Job Listings