This is a job listing for Domestic Violence Service Center
Domestic Violence Service Center has an immediate opening for a dedicated, full-time counselor advocate who is willing and able to change the world in real time.
This position provides safety, counseling and other related services to Emergency Shelter and Bridge Housing residents; and crisis and supportive counseling services to Hotline victims of domestic violence.
- Delivering Emergency Shelter and Hotline services (crisis intervention, intake, supportive options counseling, safety planning, information & referral, advocacy)
- Facilitating regular house meetings and support groups for shelter guests
- Providing counseling on life-skills, social relationships and conflict resolution
- Ensuring that clients are abiding by house rules
- Providing case management, advocacy and support groups
Qualified applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; with experience working with domestic violence, social services or social work.
Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Applicants must clear PA child abuse; PA criminal background and FBI background checks.
About Domestic Violence Service Center
For over 40 years, Domestic Violence Service Center (DVSC) has been providing services to victims of domestic violence and their families. In addition to emergency shelter and transitional housing, DVSC offers a wide range of free and confidential services, including:
- a 24-hour hotline for information and referral
- crisis intervention
- supportive counseling
- community outreach and education
- life skills training
- legal assistance
Please submit a cover letter & resume to Stan Kremski, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DVSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
View All Job Listings