This is a job listing for Women's Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Provides direct service and advocacy to children whose mothers are utilizing WC&S services.
40 Hours, Monday & Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. and Tuesday & Thursday 12:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m
- Nurtures, cares for, oversees activities of, and attends to daily living needs of children 0-17 while their mothers attend support groups and counseling, go to court or other appointments, and pursue their goals.
- Designs internal structured programs for children with supervisor
- Creates and provides information, referrals, and resources for mothers pertaining to the needs of their children
- Provides case management to mothers and children
- Provides intake interview with mother (or individual with authority of the child) to identify individual needs of the child
- Coordinates child services with other counselor/advocates who may be providing services to the responsible adult
- Provides individual and group advocacy
- Provides ongoing childcare to clients
- Identifies needs of mothers for specific parenting issues
- Meets regularly with Children’s Program Supervisor to review, receive and prioritize tasks and discuss issues/problems in the Children’s Program
- Provides advocacy for school enrollment and attendance
- Supervises substitutes and volunteers in the Children’s Program Supervisor’s absence
- Documents and enters accurate client information and systems advocacy and submits data daily
- Monitors play equipment and supplies
- Co-facilitates house meetings
- Assures JARS is utilized in all Children’s Program activities
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Associate degree in child development or related or equivalent experience
- At least two years’ experience working with young children
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
- FBI and Act 33/34 clearances
Salary starts low $30,000s annually plus excellent benefits
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2019
About Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 300 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers.
View All Job Listings