Request for Proposal: Fundraising Counsel
Posted: July 28, 2020
Deadline: August 14, 2020
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) is a statewide collaborative membership organization committed to ending intimate partner violence and all forms of violence against women.
Founded in 1976, PCADV is the oldest statewide domestic violence coalition in the nation. Each year, its network of 59 local domestic violence programs provide free and confidential direct services to nearly 90,000 victims and survivors of domestic violence and their children in all 67 counties of the Commonwealth. Together, local programs and the statewide Coalition work in collaboration to deliver a continuum of services, support, and systems to help victims and survivors find safety, obtain justice, and build lives free of abuse.
PCADV is seeking Fundraising Counsel to provide strategic support to its Fund Development Team. The overarching objective of this proposal is to increase the capacity of PCADV’s current fund development activities and to increase contributed revenue. Fund development activities at PCADV include grant writing, corporate support, individual giving and managing government grants.
The Fundraising Counsel will provide approximately 32 hours of support per month to PCADV. The Fundraising Counsel will work closely with the Director of Philanthropy to support all fund development activities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Creating a Fund Development Plan
- In coordination with the Director of Philanthropy, implementing the plan.
- Writing proposals
- Researching funding opportunities
- Attending meetings with the Communications Team and lending support to messaging initiatives.
- Participating in the strategic planning process
- Meeting with the CEO and supporting her efforts with major donors and partnership opportunities
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN PROPOSAL
Please include in the proposal the following information for consideration:
- Bio including examples of similar work
- Brief description of your approach to the work scope
- Examples of innovations employed in the context of COVID-19
- Two references
The successful candidate of this proposal will provide the following:
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic fundraising plans.
- Demonstrated experience as a fundraising counsel.
- Certified as a Fundraising Counsel in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrated knowledge in working with marginalized populations.
- The desire to support work toward ending domestic violence.
Please submit the requested proposal items for consideration to Susan Higginbotham, CEO at email@example.com. This contract will commence on September 1, 2020 and end at the close of the fiscal year June 30, 2021.