Congresswoman Dean and the Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania co-hosted a roundtable during Domestic Violence Awareness Month to address both gun and domestic violence prevention in Pennsylvania communities.
Participants brought expertise from public health, gun violence prevention, and domestic violence prevention and intervention perspectives to discuss the intersections and needed collaborative community response and policy reform. Participants included:
- Dr. Joel Fein, Co-director of CHOP’s Center for Violence Prevention-
- Laura Morris, CeaseFire PA Board Member, Chairs Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee and Operations Director for Prevention at the City of Philadelphia’s Department of Human Services.
- Maria Weidinger, Ceasefire PA volunteer and Professional Social Worker
- Beth Sturman, Executive Director of Laurel House
- Julie Bancroft, Chief Public Affairs Officer, PCADV