We’re halfway through Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) already, and we want to thank you for bringing awareness to domestic violence alongside us.
All this week, you have a chance to do even more, as it’s the national DVAM Week of Action. What’s the Week of Action? Each day we have a theme where you can engage, participate and take action to support survivors of domestic violence.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect so that you can plan ahead!
- Media Monday: Share a piece of media on your own social channels that bring awareness to domestic violence
- Twitter Chat Tuesday: Join us 3:00-4:00 PM ET on Tuesday, 10/19 as we create conversation around NRCDV’s DVAM theme: “No Survivor Justice Without Racial Justice.” Find all the details here.
- Do Work Wednesday: What does “do work” mean? Well, we all have a role to play in ending domestic violence. Today, donate to support our work. Share and follow your local program’s social accounts. Look into volunteering at your local program.
- Purple Thursday: It’s our favorite day of #DVAM: #PurpleThursday! We’re wearing purple today to show our support for survivors and our commitment to ending violence. Get the Purple Thursday printables, frames, and more here.
- Philanthropy Friday: Survivors and programs urgently need financial support. Make your gift and make a difference.
- Speak Up Saturday: Policy and advocacy are key to our work to end domestic violence, and we need your voice to make a difference. Sign up to receive our action alerts today.
- Sharing Sunday: Domestic violence can happen to anyone, and it’s likely happening to someone close to you. Today is a perfect day to share resources.
We look forward to participating in this Week of Action with you!