Ugly Ducklings Campaign: A Resource for Adults and Youth
By Hardy Girls Healthy Women, Greater Waterville Community for Children & Youth and Carolyn Gage
This multi-media resource is designed to educate and inspire people to take action against the bullying of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
The resource is the result of a 2006 partnership, when the creators teamed with playwright Carolyn Gage to stage her award-winning play, Ugly Ducklings.
The documentary film highlights homophobia, bullying and harassment. It weaves together scenes from the rehearsal and play with interviews with the female actors, parents and local experts on gender issues. The play also focuses on issues that lead some to suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts.
The Community Action Kit includes:
- Documentary film
- Discussion questions
- Resources for creating safe, equal space for LGBTQ youth
The goals for Ugly Ducklings are to:
- Educate and inspire people to take action against bullying
- Protect children from the violence that can lead to self-harm, including suicide
- Ugly Ducklings Campaign
PCADV's primary prevention team is available to provide ideas for implementation or a more detailed review. Contact the prevention team at 1-800-932-4632.47.51 K | 7/10/2013
Alert! Computer use can be monitored.
Review these safety tips to learn more. Click the red quick escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
Share our message
Keep Up with our News and Events
- EMB - Engaging Men & Boys
- SB - School-based
- Y- Youth
- Agent of Change (SB, Y)
- Beat the Punch (SB)
- Break The Cycle - Respect WORKS! (SB)
- Coaching Boys Into Men (EMB,SB,Y)
- Days of Respect: Organizing a School-Wide Prevention Annual Event (SB,Y)
- Expect Respect (SB,Y)
- Exploring Dimensions of Masculinity & Violence (EMB,Y)
- From Adversaries to Allies: A Curriculum for Change (EMB,Y)
- How's Your Relationship? (Y)
- I Can Make My World A Safer Place (Y)
- Jewish Women International Curricula for Boys & Girls (EMB,SB,Y)
- On Becoming A Muse (SB,Y)
- Red Flag Campaign (SB)
- Shifting Boundaries (SB)
- Stand4Respect (Y)
- Start Strong (SB, Y)
- Ugly Ducklings (SB)
- Young Men's Work (EMB,Y)
- Young Women's Lives (SB,Y)
- White Ribbon Campaign (EMB,SB)