by Break The Cycle
Break the Cycle (BTC) is a leading, national nonprofit organization working on teen dating violence. BTC believes people of all races, genders and sexual identities have the right to safe and healthy relationships. BTC creates prevention education programs and public campaigns. They also work on laws and policies to help young people get the information they need to prevent abuse and leave unhealthy relationships.
Respect WORKS! uses a “four step approach” to preventing dating violence.
Step 1: Develop a school policy on teen dating violence. Break the Cycle’s School Policy Kit can be used to guide a school through this process.
Step 2: Educate students about dating abuse and how to recognize healthy relationships. Hazelden’s Safe Dates is an evidence-based program that reduces incidents teen physical and sexual dating violence.
Step 3: Reinforce student learning with Break the Cycle’s interactive
Ending Violence program designed to educate students about their rights and responsibilities in a dating relationship. Ending Violence builds on key prevention skills from Safe Dates.
Step 4: Activate student leadership on the issue of dating violence. Break the Cycle’s Speak.Act.Change: Youth Advocacy Kit is a service-learning program that engages students through youth activism and peer-leadership. The goal is to address teen dating violence in schools and communities. Designed for students ages 13 and over, it trains the next generation of anti-violence advocates.
Alert! Computer use can be monitored.
Review these safety tips to learn more. Click the red quick escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
Keep Up with our News and Events
- EMB - Engaging Men & Boys
- SB - School-based
- Y- Youth
- Agent of Change (SB, Y)
- Beat the Punch (SB)
- Break The Cycle - Respect WORKS! (SB)
- Coaching Boys Into Men (EMB,SB,Y)
- Days of Respect: Organizing a School-Wide Prevention Annual Event (SB,Y)
- Expect Respect (SB,Y)
- Exploring Dimensions of Masculinity & Violence (EMB,Y)
- From Adversaries to Allies: A Curriculum for Change (EMB,Y)
- How's Your Relationship? (Y)
- I Can Make My World A Safer Place (Y)
- Jewish Women International Curricula for Boys & Girls (EMB,SB,Y)
- On Becoming A Muse (SB,Y)
- Red Flag Campaign (SB)
- Shifting Boundaries (SB)
- Stand4Respect (Y)
- Start Strong (SB, Y)
- Ugly Ducklings (SB)
- Young Men's Work (EMB,Y)
- Young Women's Lives (SB,Y)
- White Ribbon Campaign (EMB,SB)