Financial Empowerment Tools
Domestic violence survivors most often cite financial stability as the reason driving their decision to stay with or return to their abuser.
These tools can be used with survivors to help overcome immediate economic barriers and secure long-term financial independence and safety.
- Comprehensive package of tools and information designed to empower survivors to understand and manage their finances.
- Strategies for addressing the complex financial and safety challenges of ending a relationship with an abusive partner
- Information on how to protect personal and financial safety in and after leaving an abusive relationship
- Long-term financial empowerment resources, including budgeting tools, step-by-step planners and more
- Techniques for resolving debt and credit report disputes
- Resources for working through the financial and safety challenges of identity change
2013 PCADV Tax Issues for Domestic Violence Survivors: What Advocates Need to Know
by phone 877-777-4778
Helps survivors resolve IRS issues and disputes, such as
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Fraudulent tax returns
- Failure to File Taxes
Agency and website that provide help with financial aid information and applications, student loan plans and repayment problems
Dial 2-1-1 to locate local community resources
- customized health, housing and human services information in one place
- FREE, accessible phone number
- Links PA residents with human services throughout Pennsylvania