Domestic Violence and Victim Resources in Pennsylvania
Domestic Violence Victims
- Address Confidentiality Program (Pennsylvania Office of the Victim Advocate) - Apply in your community at your local domestic violence program, sexual assault center or victims services office
- Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Centers 1-888-772-7227 to find your local center
- Victims Compensation Assistance Program The Victims Compensation Assistance Program helps victims and their families through the emotional and physical aftermath of a crime, with financial help for a variety of expenses: medical and counseling expenses, loss of earnings, loss of support, stolen cash, relocation, funeral, or crime scene cleanup.
- Pennsylvania Crime Victims This site speaks directly to all crime victims and victim service professionals with information about the criminal and juvenile justice systems, victim's rights in Pennsylvania and victim's compensation.
- PA SAVIN (Statewide Automated Victim Information & Notification) 1-866-9PA-SAVIN is a free, confidential and automated service that helps victims, law enforcement, advocates and community members keep up to date on the status of an offender housed in a county jail, state prison or under state parole supervision within the Commonwealth.
- National Link Coalition 856-627-5118 The Link is a coalition of professionals who see animal abuse as "the tip of the iceberg" and often the first sign of other family and community violence. They call this interconnectedness of different forms of violence The Link. They have compiled a list of domestic violence shelters in Pennsylvania that accept or refer victims' pets for protection against abuse.
- Directory of Shelters that Take Pets (Animal Welfare Institute) (click on PA in the Map)
- Why Pets Mean So Much: The Human-Animal Bond in the Context of Intimate Partner Violence Developed by the Animal Welfare Institute, this Technical Assistance Guidance explores ways that victim advocates can assist survivors of domestic violence and their pets when seeking safety and refuge from abuse. 2014
- Kamie Cat's Terrible Night, Pablo Puppy's Search for the Perfect Person Colorful storybooks that teach children tips for compassionate animal care. Told from the point of view of the dog or cat.
- Jen & Dave Program 1-866-JEN-DAVE (536-3283) or email Jen&Dave@pacourts.us - provides criminal charge information for individuals involved in child custody cases, to protect children by granting parents access to valuable information about offenses perpetrated by other parents. This enables parents to make necessary decisions regarding their children’s safety in custody situations.
- Legal Resource Center on Violence Against Women 800-556-4053 - Interstate Child Custody Issues
- PALawHelp.org Your Online Guide to Legal Information and Legal Services in Pennsylvania
- SelfHelpSupport.org (Self-Represented Litigants)
- WomensLaw.org - Pennsylvania
- HIAS & Council Migration Service of Philadelphia - Nonprofit Legal and Social Services for Immigrants and Refugees
- Immigrant Services & Refugee Resettlement - Jewish Family & Children's Service of Pittsburgh Legal resources, naturalization assistance & resettlement services for the foreign born.
- Nationalities Service Center - A non-profit organization that provides social, educational, senior, translation and interpretation, and legal services for immigrants and refugees in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- Pennsylvania Immigrant & Refugee Women's Network
- Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center
Alert! Computer use can be monitored.
Review these safety tips to learn more. Click the red quick escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.