Free, confidential, any time, any county in Pennsylvania
Alert! Computer use can be monitored.
Review these safety tips to learn more. Click the red quick escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
Getting a Protection From Abuse Order
How do I know if I´m in an abusive relationship?The Power and Control Wheel, from the Domestic Abuse Intervention Project shows patterns of abusive and violent behaviors and how they overlap.
Below are more resources and tools to help you think about whether you have a healthy or an abusive relationship:
Where can I get help for myself?
- Find Pennsylvania Domestic Violence Agencies –interactive map
- Victim Resources in Pennsylvania
- National Domestic Violence and Victim Resources
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224 Help is available: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, crisis intervention, safety planning, information, referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, assistance in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services.
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline 1-866-331-9474, or TTY 1-866-331-8453 Help and resources for teens concerned about what is going on in their relationships, confidential online and text support
- Casa de Esperanza 651.772.1611 Linea de crisis 24-horas/24-hour crisis line Nuestra misión es movilizar a las Latinas y a las comunidades latinas para erradicar la violencia doméstica. Our mission is to mobilize Latinas and Latino communities to end domestic violence.
What Kind of Help Can I Get?
PCADV's network of programs provides a comprehensive array of life-saving services for domestic violence victims and their children in all 67 counties of the Commonwealth. Services are provided without regard to age, race, creed, sex, ethnicity, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap or religion. They include the following:
- Operate 24-hours a day, 365 days a year
- Provide phone counseling, crisis intervention, support, information and referrals
- 24-hour emergency shelter
- Safe homes
- Transitional housing
- Empowerment counseling (individual and group)
- Options counseling (identifies victim choices; assesses risks and benefits)
- Safety planning (assessment of risk and danger, strategies for enhancing safety, identification of potential resources)
- Support groups
- Legal advocacy - legal options, preparation and assistance with Protection From Abuse (PFA) forms and filings
- Medical advocacy - based in hospitals, clinics
- Children's advocacy - counseling, therapeutic art, music, and play for children in shelter
- Accompaniment - legal services, court proceedings, other service providers
- Aid in obtaining services, cash assistance and employment training from the welfare system
- Help with securing safe, affordable, permanent housing
- Job training
- Identifying employment opportunities
- Are You or Is Anyone You Know a Battered Woman? (Es Su Derecho Busque Ayuda)899.04 K | 2/27/2013
- The Pennsylvania Protection From Abuse Act: A Guide for Victims of Domestic Violence149.9 K | 2/27/2013
- Stalking: What Every Stalking Victim Should Know190.33 K | 2/27/2013
- The Pennsylvania Protection From Abuse Act: A Guide for Victims of Domestic Violence