This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
As a Text/Chat Advocate, your primary responsibility is to provide online emotional support, crisis counseling, referrals, and information and safety planning to victims of domestic violence. You will have the ability to multi-task, work independently, and be a resourceful problem solver with attention to detail, and effective time management and written communication skills. Due to the sensitive nature of our work, it is important that you understand abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence (IPV), cycle of abuse, power, and control dynamics, and child abuse and neglect. The successful candidate is sensitive to trauma and cultural diversity issues and is passionate about ending domestic violence. This role will be based out of the WC&S office.
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 8,000 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 500 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers
Here’s what you will do:
- Manage/conduct online text and chat conversations with victims of domestic violence and intimate partner violence by providing support, crisis counseling, safety planning, and agency information as needed.
- Monitor and maintain text/chat software for notifications, alerts, and communications
- Assist with text/chat data analytics and reporting
- Support trainings, and process/procedure updates as necessary
- Maintain the problem log and troubleshoot software problems with the Helpdesk Technician
- Willingly participate in trainings, webinars, and team meetings.
- Provide Shelter/Hotline support as availability allows
- Grow to become a subject matter expert regarding text/chat operations
- This position is full-time, non-exempt. Ideal schedule will be 40 hours per week comprised of four 10-hour shifts from 2 p.m. -12 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday with alternate schedules available if required. Here’s what we are looking for:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required (social work/social sciences or related field preferred).
- 1-3 years’ experience in direct services or human services field required.
- Experience with an online text/chat platform service preferred.
- Adept in utilizing general technology including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Outlook, and online software platforms.
- Act 33/34 Clearances and FBI Clearances will be required.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your active listening and communication skills, and the ability to contribute to the organization’s mission in a variety of ways. If you are comfortable working independently, and a proficient user of technology software, we are eager to hear from you. WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge and skills.
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness-eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
This position will remain open until we find the best candidate for the position. To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
View All Job Listings