This is a job listing for YWCA Hanover Safe Home
YWCA Safe Home is a program that serves victims of Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking and aims to empower program participants to achieve their self-defined goals. The Housing Counselor/Advocate works directly with clients who are in a state of housing instability because of their victimization. Duties include, but are not limited to, safety planning, an improved sense of self-worth, self-sufficiency, and permanent housing in a safe, stable environment. The Housing Counselor/Advocate is required to meet regularly (no less than monthly) with the program participants to monitor, advocate, and intervene on the formalized service plan. The Housing Counselor/Advocate works collaboratively with Safe Home staff and must be able to contribute and work well in a group setting. The Housing Counselor/Advocate is a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse as defined by PA Child Protective Services Law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or a related field and/or equivalent experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and other serious crimes and their impact on victims.
- Must pass criminal background check(s).
- Must have valid Driver’s License and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must travel in inclement weather, as needed.
- Must observes safety and security procedures.
- May require evening and weekend hours/travel for client services.
- May be required to report to work in either Safe Home’s Hanover or Gettysburg office.
- Must be well organized and adaptable to changes in daily schedules and the work environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must attend all program mandated professional development events, including meeting all continuing education requirements.
- Must have demonstrated ability to counsel individuals in crisis.
- Must be familiar with community resources and knowledgeable about options available to victims and survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking.
- Successful completion of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) training as well as training specific to Rapid Rehousing Program Model, upon hire.
- Must have demonstrated ability to counsel and communicate in a tactful and appropriate manner with traumatized individuals.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in a professional, respectful, and diverse workplace environment.
- Must maintain professional working relationships with people of differing backgrounds, ages, maturity, abilities, races, colors, creeds, genders, ancestry, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, and experiences.
- Must be able to show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Must be an effective written and verbal communicator, and able to draft documents in a clear and concise manner free of grammatical or other mistakes.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality, and to make appropriate decisions in crisis situations.
- Must be able to keep necessary documentation, both written and computerized as required case notes, safety/goal plans, referrals, time entry, mileage, and expenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Intervene at the client level to provide or coordinate the delivery of direct services to participants and their families.
- Screen participants during the intake process to ensure they meet eligibility requirements and will benefit from services provided in the program.
- Conduct a face-to-face assessment and understand the client as a whole person and understand the connection between physical, environmental, behavioral, social, and economic factors.
- Support the development of an individual plan collaboratively with participant that includes appropriate goals, objectives, and timeframes.
- Implement the service plan by working collaboratively with participant and other social service agencies as appropriate.
- Provide intensive case management services to assist program participants in reaching goals outlined in service plan.
- Conduct inspections of participants’ prospective housing to ensure it meets the minimum requirements outlined by HUD.
- Advocate for resources to meet the need for services and ensure that services are delivered while maintaining sensitivity to participant’s concerns.
- Help participants prepare to exit the program by planning with other service providers as appropriate and help provide follow-up services as needed.
- Complete follow-up contact with previous program participants.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Protection from Abuse (PFAs) orders and enforcement of such, including providing support, accompaniment, and advocacy through the court system.
- Intervene at systems level to support existing services and to expand and improve access to needed services.
- Maintain knowledge of resource availability and service costs.
- Identify gaps in service or systems within or outside of the agency with the support of the Case Manager.
- Professionally conduct services, ensuring strict confidentiality of participants.
- Attend all events, meetings, committees/task force meetings, and community events as deemed appropriate by Supervisors, Assistant Director, Program Director, and/or Executive Director.
- Responsibly and timely complete check/petty cash requests after verifying eligibility, manages check disbursements, and securely distributes program funds.
- Seek feedback from colleagues and supervisor when it is in the best interest of the client.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of hotline calls, in person options counseling, legal proceedings, referrals, emergency housing, transportation, meetings, training sessions, and speaking engagements.
- Complete and maintain required documentation, both in Efforts to Outcome (ETO) software and paper files.
Click here to apply.
View All Job Listings