This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
The Program is a scattered-site rapid re-housing program that promotes consumer choice in housing within the private rental market. The Coordinator assists clients with housing search and placement along with leveraging supportive services that assist the participant household to maintain permanent housing.
This full-time (40 hours) position offers a very flexible schedule. Based on the needs of participants, some evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
- Works with residential staff and collaborative agencies to identify eligible participants and conduct intake interviews.
- Orients all eligible participants to the Rapid Re-Housing Program and provides housing search and supportive services to promote participant’s self-sufficiency.
- Supports integration into the community, and permanency in housing.
- Performs administrative tasks involved in the review and maintenance of a caseload of program participants.
- Assesses housing barriers of individuals and families experiencing homelessness to determine housing and service needs.
- Develops a housing procurement, financial, and self-sufficiency case management plan with clients.
- Provides mediation and advocacy with landlords on the client’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and or maintain housing.
- Provides pro-active follow-up home visits to ensure stability and further progress towards self-sufficiency.
- Applies knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate clients of their rights and responsibilities.
- Collects and reports program data for funding sources as well as collaborative programs.
- Meets regularly with On-Site Services Program Manager for supervision and to prioritize tasks.
- Assures that JARS (Justice/Autonomy/Restoration/Safety) is utilized to guide the work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Social Sciences preferred or a minimum of two years in the Social Services field.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to meet a demanding workload.
- Detail-oriented to complete requirements of files and contract compliance.
- Creative thinker/adaptive personality.
- Knowledge or understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities.
- Concentrated record keeping, budgeting, and mathematical skills; ability to produce required reports to federal, state, and local government agencies and funding sources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources, social service agencies, and landlords.
- Valid driver’s license and a car.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served.
- Ability to work with multiple systems and professionals.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues.
- Willingness to learn “Housing First” philosophy and strategies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Windows and Word.
- Act 33 and 34 and FBI Clearances.
Salary & Benefits
- This position is full time and non-exempt.
- Salary is low- to mid-$30,000s annually.
- WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
About Women’s Center & Shelter
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 8,000 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 500 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers.
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
Send resume and cover letter to the Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business day Wednesday, February 5, 2020.
View All Job Listings