This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
About the organization: WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,500
adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who
are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for
anyone affected by domestic violence. Our Mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and
evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening
community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the
organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, SurvivorCentered Advocacy, and Stewardship.
About the role: As the Rapid Re-Housing Coordinator, your primary role is to assist survivors of intimate
partner violence (IPV) with housing search and placement in a rapid re-housing program that promotes
consumer choice in housing within the private market. You will connect with survivors in person and over
the phone, you will assess their housing and self-sufficiency needs, and work with them throughout their
participation in the Rapid Re-Housing Program. Due to the sensitive nature of our work, it is important that
you understand abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence (IPV), the cycle of abuse, power
and control dynamics, child abuse, neglect, and trauma. This role will be based out of the main WC&S facility,
with travel to rapid re-housing sites and partner agencies. This role offers a flexible schedule and the
opportunity for some remote work.
The successful candidate will possess strong assessment, case management, and documentation skills, be a
resourceful problem solver with strong attention to detail and timelines, practice trauma-informed care, and
have a “Housing First” philosophy. If you are passionate about serving those experiencing IPV by promoting
self-sufficiency and housing stability and have experience in housing and case management, then we are
eager to hear from you. This role provides you with the opportunity to grow and showcase your skills while
contributing to the Mission of WC&S in a variety of ways.
Here’s what you will do:
• Work with residential staff and collaborative agencies to identify eligible participants and conduct
intake interviews; assess housing barriers of individuals and families experiencing homelessness to
determine housing and service needs.
• Ensure eligible participants understand the Rapid Re-Housing process and provide housing search
and supportive services to promote self-sufficiency; develop housing and planning services,
financial, and case management plans; and provide proactive follow-up home visits.
• Organize and maintain case files, manage caseload requirements, monitor budgets, timelines, and
billing for case completion; collect and report program data for funding sources as well as
• Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the client’s behalf to develop a workable plan to
obtain and maintain housing.
• Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate clients of their rights and responsibilities.
• This position requires being available 40 hours per week and offers excellent flexibility. The typical
schedule is Monday – Friday with potential nights and weekends.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s what we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field preferred; at least two years experience in human
services field required.
• A demonstration of strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet
deadlines; experience with concentrated record keeping, budgeting, and mathematical skills and
the ability to produce required reports to Federal, State, and local government agencies and
• A demonstration of knowledge and understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities,
community resources, social service agencies, and landlords; an understanding of, or a willingness
to learn, “Housing First” philosophy and strategies.
• Valid driver’s license and a car preferred; the ability to travel efficiently throughout Allegheny
• A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner
violence, the cycle of abuse, power and control dynamics, trauma, cultural diversity issues, and child
abuse and neglect.
• Strong command of general technology including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite is
required; familiarity and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, Tableau,
and Teams strongly preferred.
• Experience working in organizations with a successful track record in diversity and inclusion cultures
• Act 33/34 and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances will be required.
About the benefits. WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including generous
paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life
insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and
professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
This position is also eligible for premium pay for on-site work.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees
are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin,
age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or
any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment
To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email with the subject
line “Rapid Re-Housing Coordinator” by November 19 to email@example.com.
View All Job Listings