The Program Specialist (“Specialist”) is responsible for coordinating the administrative components of subrecipients for domestic violence services including monitoring, compliance, data collection and reporting outcomes.
The Specialist must be able to follow strict rules of confidentiality for information related to PCADV as well as subrecipient related information available as part of the monitoring process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Federal, State and PCADV regulations and requirements pertaining to domestic violence programs. Communicate any changes to programs in a timely manner.
- Oversee the development and completion of a yearly subrecipient proposal submission/review process. Act at the liaison to the review committee for competitive and renewal proposals.
- Administer all terms and conditions of subrecipient agreements to ensure compliance of subrecipients with PCADV Standards, including post-award support and the review of year-end reports.
- Maintain contract documentation, proposal and funding records, scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses.
- Collect and compile data for reports to grantors.
- Develop and maintain cordial working relationships with state and federal funders, allied statewide partners and collaborators.
- Coordinate the ongoing review and development/revision of PCADV Standards that are consistent with best practices, emerging issues and trends, current research and the requirements of the contract, with focus on the experiences of victims and survivors of domestic violence.
- Conduct on-site compliance and training/technical assistance visits to subrecipients to ensure compliance with PCADV program standards, including:
- Board training on roles/responsibilities (legal, fiduciary/financial, fundraising, community support);
- Evaluation/assessment of program ability to meet programmatic accountability portions of the PCADV contract;
- Provide technical assistance to new program directors regarding the requirements of their PCADV contract; and
- Training of program staff related to direct service provision and best practices.
- Act as PCADV liaison for ETO data collection and reporting in collaboration with Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency and Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape.
- Act as staff liaison, as assigned, to PCADV committees, action teams or workgroups.
- Participate in continuing education as necessary to inform/enable PCADV’s compliance with state and federal funders’ requirements for awarded funds.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES include the following:
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in direct victims’ services, project and/or compliance management.
- Experience in social justice, systems advocacy, and social change work. Experience related to victim services response and prevention preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence is required.
- Must exhibit the ability to deal tactfully and respectfully with employees at various levels of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY/SOCIAL/PSYCHOLOGICAL AND OTHER ABILITIES
- Must be able to work well independently as well as a member of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills that deal with a variety of quantitative and qualitative variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete work within established time frames.
- Must have the ability to maintain a pleasant demeanor even while working under deadlines/pressure.
- Ability to exercise independent initiative and sound judgment to identify problems and propose workable solutions.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, listen/hear, frequently move and sit for long periods. Most tasks will require working on a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but with frequent interruptions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A commitment to PCADV’s mission and vision is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive program compliance/provisional status issues, funding or other accountability issues or concerns
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence and understanding of related issues.
- Commitment to ending violence against women and other populations
- Demonstrated understanding of issues of cultural and socioeconomic diversity as they apply to domestic violence prevention, intervention and services, and the intersectionality of institutionalized systems of oppression and domestic violence.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Documents formatted in MS Word, pdf, or Rich Text Format may be emailed to: email@example.com
PCADV Human Resources
3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Attention: Human Resources
PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse staff to better serve domestic violence victims and program staff, many of whom experience racial, gender, economic and other/multiple oppressions. We seek people from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to PCADV’s mission to end domestic violence, to social justice and to working for social change.