This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
As a Program Associate, your primary role is to support the day-to-day operational functioning of STANDING FIRM (SF), a national program of Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) which empowers employers to recognize and respond to the workplace effects of partner violence. You will work with SF leadership to streamline efficiency, identify and solve problems, and develop and respond to opportunities for growth. You will be the hub of all internal communications as well as those with external clients, members, and the Advisory Council. The successful candidate will have keen attention-to-detail, demonstrate flexibility and the ability to manage multiple projects, be enthusiastic about learning and acquiring technology skills, and have experience in the corporate or employer community. This role is based out of the main WC&S facility with the ability to work remotely 2-3 days.
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 8,000 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our Mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase and develop your administrative, coordination, event planning, technical, and marketing skills while contributing to the Mission of WC&S in a multitude of ways. If you are a resourceful, proactive self-starter, we are eager to hear from you.
Here’s what you will do:
• Maintain Raiser’s Edge information for financial tracking. Assure training, membership, and consultation fees are billed monthly and accurately and track revenue.
• Assist Director in preparing financial reports for Advisory Council and Board of Directors reports; prepare and distribute Advisory Council meeting notes and materials, arrange and attend meetings, prepare and disseminate minutes; and create pre-specified work and other organizational documents for SF.
• Coordinate events and handle event-planning by taking the lead in the organizational aspects of the annual Awards Luncheon and other events as scheduled; communicate with event venues as needed and/or distribute web-based training details to participants; and provide event support for annual Corporate Leadership Breakfast under the direction of SWPA Says No More and The United Way of SWPA.
• Regularly update and track membership status; collect data about employer action steps and input into membership lists and files.
• Provide training and consultation support to the Senior Account Executive by documenting scheduling, preparing materials, and communicating with the training venue or consultation contact to assure smooth implementation of services; issue and organize pre- and post-training surveys; and learn and provide support in the Learning Management System.
• Manage the SF website; take the lead in communicating with web management contacts to make changes and solve problems; organize content and distribute digital newsletter to employer members.
• Maintain tools such as Employer Awareness Campaign, Employee Resource Center, and more.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s what we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least three years’ relevant experience required.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
• Advanced command of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), Raiser’s Edge, basic website maintenance, and internet research skills required.
• A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamics, cultural diversity issues and child abuse and neglect.
• Ability to understand and perform confidentiality and safety procedures.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
• Experience working in organizations with a successful track record in diversity and inclusion cultures preferred.
• Act 33/34 and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances will be required.
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to all.
This position will remain open until we find the best candidate for the position. To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Administration at email@example.com by end of business Friday August 6, 2021.
View All Job Listings