This is a job listing for Blackburn Center, Greensburg, PA
This full-time staff person will provide program development, outreach and training to systems serving underserved populations; and counseling and advocacy services to victims of any type of crime, and their significant others. This is a non-exempt position as defined in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain relationships with providers in systems that support victims of crime in underserved populations, to establish a referral system for those victims and to identify location locations within those systems for service provision.
- Develop programming within those systems that supports provision of services to victims of crime.
- Establishes a plan for, and provide ongoing training to, systems that support victims of crime in underserved populations.
- Provides in-person crisis intervention and individual counseling to adult and child victims of any types of crime, and their significant others both in the administrative offices and in outreach locations.
- Provides advocacy / accompaniment services to victims of any type of crime to civil or legal system proceedings.
- Provides advocacy / accompaniment services to victims of crime to medical proceedings.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in social work, counseling, or related field.
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience in counseling, preferably with individuals in crisis, desired.
- Ability to travel throughout Westmoreland County.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Ability to deal with crisis and confrontation in a professional, positive, and effective manner.
- Ability to manage time effectively, establish priorities and function both independently and as a team member.
- PA and FBI Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the program philosophy of the agency.
- Knowledge of issues and dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, child sexual abuse, and incest desired.
Please submit resume to:
Assistant Advocacy Program Manager
P.O. Box 398
Greensburg, PA 15601
Blackburn Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View All Job Listings