This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
This position will remain open until we find the best candidate for the position. To ensure consideration for an interview, please email a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, a sample social media post and one additional writing sample (please do not send large files) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 5th.
To promote the brand and programs and services of Women’s Center & Shelter through proactive and effective marketing, social media and public relations strategies, including those for specific awareness and fundraising campaigns and outreach to survivors. The ideal candidate will have a strategic focus while actively and creatively implementing tactics within given timelines and the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistently and proactively update and maintain the WC&S website using the current WordPress content management system and basic HTML coding.
- Write relevant and fresh content with SEO as a key element for the WC&S website and blog, working collaboratively with the appropriate staff members as necessary.
- Produce analytics for WC&S’ website using tools such as Google Analytics and adjusting strategy accordingly.
- Design and/or create concepts for all printed WC&S communications pieces such as special event invitations and flyers, postcards, brochures, advertisements, etc., working with outside designers when necessary.
- Write content for and design/or create concepts for WC&S’ bi-annual newsletter, annual report and other similar communication vehicles.
- Develop and manage WC&S’ social media marketing campaigns and manage day-to-day social media activities.
- Curate and develop relevant, timely and high quality topics from both external and internal sources.
- Create and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Compile social media reports, analyzing key metrics and tweaking strategy as necessary.
- Create a regular publishing schedule using available scheduling tools.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy and make recommendations.
- Write and produce engaging and donor-centered email blasts using WC&S’ email marketing platform.
- Analyze email blasts for open and click rates, adjusting strategy as necessary.
- Create online fundraising pages, including those for special events and campaigns.
Media and Public Relations
- Serve as the initial contact for all media contacts, working with the President/CEO or other appointed staff members to fulfill media requests (scheduling interviews, distributing fact sheets and photos, etc.)
- Proactively build relationships with local media contacts through customized strategies.
- Write and follow up on all press releases.
Other Marketing Responsibilities
- Serve as the staff liaison to the WC&S Communications Committee including scheduling and running meetings, taking minutes, and following up with committee members on specific tasks. Must also have a deep understanding of analytics in order to create and maintain the committee’s scorecard which is provided to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee and manage Marketing interns.
- Serve as agency photographer/coordinate volunteer photographers for special events.
- Serve as the lead contact to the community for speaking engagements.
- Adheres to the policies, procedures and guiding principles approved by the agency regarding all fundraising and communications practices.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality pertaining to client, administrative and donor information.
- Meets regularly with the Chief Development Officer to review, prioritize assignments and discuss problems/issues.
- Creates pre-specified work (step-by-step instructions) in accordance with the Women’s Centered Business Model for daily job functions.
- Attends mandatory Development Team meetings and All Staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and in accordance with the needs of the Development Department, including areas outside of core responsibilities for special events, campaigns, volunteer projects, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Marketing/Communications with digital marketing focus preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in creative campaigns in social media and online fundraising experience.
- Adept at Google analytics, Word Press, InDesign, Canva or other design programs.
- Experience with basic video production a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of SEO principles.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Desire to participate in ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues.
- Must obtain FBI and Act 33/34 clearances.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary & Benefits
- This position is full time and exempt.
- Salary range is $42,000-$50,000 annually.
- WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
About Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
View All Job Listings