This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Provides engagement, outreach, and community-based weekly support groups for LGBTQ victims of domestic violence/partner abuse. Ensures the Sanctuary model informs all services.
VOCA-Related Responsibilities (100% effort):
- Determine appropriate community-based venues and make arrangements to hold weekly support groups for DV victims of crime.
- Plan for up to five weekly 1.5 hour trauma-centered support group using the Sanctuary-based SELF Model and ensuring that trauma-informed model informs all services.
- Attend monthly group supervision for all direct service staff.
- Assists in identifying appropriate referrals within the community and mental health system for LGBTQ victims of domestic violence/partner abuse.
- Provides one-on-one consultation support with LGBTQ victims of domestic violence /partner abuse.
- Responsible for data collection regarding needs and outcomes of support group clients and individual client surveys.
- Meets weekly with Director of Programs and Clinical Supervisor for supervision.
- Responsible for timely statistical data reporting.
- Assures that JARS (Justice/Autonomy/Restoration/Safety) and SELF are utilized in all activities.
- Performs other VOCA-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in social work, counseling; related field or commensurate experience.
- 3-5 years of direct service in social service agency
- Knowledge of or experience working with the LGBTQ community and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to LGBTQ individuals
- Knowledge of mental health and drug & alcohol systems
- Experience with program development helpful
- Ability to work with both professional and non-professional staff and multiple systems
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues
- FBI and Act 33/34 clearances
Salary Grade: mid-$30,000s annually (plus excellent benefits). Non-Exempt Status.
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 2nd, 2019.
Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) is a comprehensive domestic violence program serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence annually & facilitating intervention groups to over 300 men who batter. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, guiding principles, and values, as well as the tenets of Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), and are sensitive to cultural and workplace harmony and infusing principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) into their daily interactions with clients and co-workers.
View All Job Listings