This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
About the Agency
Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,700 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to nearly 300 people who use abuse.
We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity,
Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship (SUCCESS). In addition, the principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma-informed care) and continuous improvement infuse all aspects of the organization.
About the Role
As a Volunteer & Community Relations Associate, you will serve as the initial contact for inquiries related to gift-in-kind donations, volunteering, and community fundraising, while also serving as the primary Development Team member working with volunteers. Additionally, you will provide administrative and logistical support for special events and campaigns.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your interpersonal communication, coordination, and administrative skills, and the ability to contribute to the organization’s mission in a variety of ways. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, and skillful in navigating various personality types. If you are comfortable multi-tasking, able to remain flexible in a high-paced environment, and are passionate about supporting populations experiencing intimate partner violence, we are eager to hear from you.
WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Here’s what you will do:
- Provide day-to-day Legal Office administrative duties and provide administrative support for CLP and LAD, as well as the Legal Office Managers (i.e., Chief Legal Officer, Legal Director, and Legal Advocacy Manager), including specific tasks set forth below
- Manage CLP’s client file system, including daily conflict checks and organization for the opening of digital
files, and assist with tracking new cases in Teams and maintenance of Excel database
- Use the CLP database to compile and generate statistical reports for the Legal Office and Chief Legal
- Retrieve Legal Office mail from the designated post office boxes, open and distribute mail, prepare
outgoing mail, deliver outgoing mail to the post office as needed, and maintain postage machine and
miscellaneous postage for the Legal Office
- Schedule meetings for the Chief Legal Officer and Legal Office and maintain meeting agendas and
minutes for CLP and LAD weekly meetings, or as needed for ad-hoc meetings
- Oversee the maintenance and functioning of Legal Office equipment, including the copy machine and
any office printers, and serve as a liaison with the WC&S main facility for the purchase of office
- This position requires being available Monday through Friday business hours onsite/in-person in the Legal
Office Suite in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Here’s what we are looking for:
- High school degree/GED required
- At least five (5) years of secretarial/office experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and follow-through effectively required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a team environment required
- A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence,
cycle of abuse, power and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect
- Ability to establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect, and rapport with others
- Ability to understand and adhere to strict confidentiality and safety procedures
- Strong command of general technology, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite is required;
familiarity and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, Tableau, and Teams
- Desire to work in an organization committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of its values
- Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required
Typical Starting Salary: $34,000/year
About the benefits
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan with employer matching; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; Headspace meditation and mindfulness app subscription; Access Perks membership; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service [Student] Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are
treated without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity or gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, place of birth, hairstyle, age,
disability, using guide or support animals for a disability, genetic information (including family medical history),
familial status, citizenship status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed
to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email with the subject line
“Legal Administrative Assistant” to email@example.com.
View All Job Listings