This is a job listing for Safe Berks
Core Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Tuesday through Saturday 11 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Supervisor: Director of Residential Services
Department: Residential Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
FLSA Exemption Test: N/A
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: $16.00/hour
The Bilingual Crisis Counselor and Advocate provides services to victims of domestic violence and/or sexual violence in the Residential Department. The Bilingual Crisis Counselor and Advocate assess clients’ needs and provide safety planning, resources, and advocate in the community. Support, respect and grant equality and fairness to all clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following):
- Provide emotional support to victims coming from violent homes.
- Provide individual supportive counseling to clients residing in the Safe House.
- Interact positively with clients residing in the Residential Department.
- Assist clients in developing positive interactions with their children (if applicable).
- Complete intake and intake process with all new residents.
- Conduct assessments with victims seeking services via phone, text line or in person.
- Process crisis hotline telephone calls and text messages from victims of domestic/sexual violence.
- Document daily activities and maintain record keeping relevant to program services.
- Provide general clerical & housekeeping duties.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or physical or other abilities required.Requirements
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bilingual Spanish-English speaking
- Communicate effectively when handling crisis situations
- Ability to deal effectively with victims, their children, and co-workers
Employment Experience (amount and kind)
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the social services field
- Experience in crisis intervention
Education (general level required or specific courses)
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred
- High school diploma required
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- Completion of a background check request, FBI, State Police, and Child Abuse Clearances obtained prior to employment through agency vendor
- Completion of 66-hour Sexual and Domestic Violence Training provided by agency
View All Job Listings