The IT Support Specialist (“ITSS”) is a Full-Time position that provides a broad range of day-to-day IT support services for PCADV staff as supervised by the Director of Information Technology. In addition the ITSS has primary responsibility for: triage, evaluation, addressing appropriately, and follow-up as necessary with technical information, status, and resolution of Helpdesk requests; through resolution and/or escalation of issue to appropriate vendor or other internal staff; coordinating procurement, inventory and ordering of IT related hardware and software; initial setup and ongoing support of hardware and software; maintaining and assisting in ongoing development of associated databases to assure accuracy and appropriate entry of information; maintaining departmental files in accordance with established procedures; and providing collaborative support efforts for PCADV IT staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following but may include other duties as assigned.
- Support Helpdesk requests via the helpdesk system, including documenting the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution. Requests relate primarily to macOS, Microsoft365, collaboration software, presentation systems and some Windows10.
- Record, track, and maintain compliance with established security, hardware replacement cycles, and software licensing on all organization owned hardware.
- Provide network troubleshooting and assist with network repair and maintenance.
- Configure and deploy computers systems as needed.
- Consistently manage technology standards and wiring throughout the office.
- Manage internal and external mailing lists.
- Assist in the management of Microsoft365.
- Assist in staff technology onboarding and off boarding. Onboarding includes performing end user training.
- Routinely review and test backup systems (data systems and backup generator)
- Act as staff liaison, as assigned, to PCADV vendors and sub-contractors. Work with vendors on warranty system repairs as well as new technology implementations.
- Other responsibilities include attend and participate in PCADV staff meetings and in-service trainings, attend training on IT topics as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Include the following Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent documented experience in related field required.
- A minimum of four years of experience using and supporting Apple macOS and iOS hardware/software.
- A minimum of two years using and supporting Office365/Microsoft365
- Desired certifications
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Associate—Mac Integration
- Jamf 100 or greater certification
- MCSA Office365
- MS-900 Microsoft365 Fundamentals
- Experience managing macOS, iOS and Windows 10
- Understanding of networking technologies
- Previous experience with FileMaker Pro and or SQL
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS with capability of providing basic user support and OS updates/installs. Familiar with Unix, Linux, and virtualization software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete work within established time frames.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and respond well to questions.
- Capable of communicating effectively and courteously in person on the telephone and over video calls.
- Skilled at presenting to groups and ability to adapt to different learning styles.
- Ability to effectively present information to staff, management, contractors, service providers, and consultants
- Must exhibit the ability to deal tactfully and respectfully with employees at various levels of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY / SOCIAL / PSYCHOLOGICAL AND OTHER ABILITIES
- Must be able work well independently as well as the member of a team.
- Ability to follow technical direction.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Good problem-solving skills that deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete work within established time frames.
- Must have the ability to maintain a pleasant demeanor even while working under deadlines/pressure.
- Ability to exercise independent initiative and sound judgment to identify problems and propose workable solutions.
- Attention and detail and pride in all work completed whether seen or not.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive organizational, program and other IT related information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear/listen.
- The employee frequently will be moving from as seated position to a standing position or moving through the office.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on the floor and under furniture to connect equipment power cables, network cables, and computer accessories.
- Ability to work for an extended time in a climate-controlled environment that is maintained at 70° or below.
- Ability to perform fine motor skills necessary to assemble/disassemble computer equipment for upgrading or repairs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but with constant interruptions. When working in the network and server room, temperature is at or below 70°.
- A Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check is required and is a condition of employment. Any applicant who has been investigated for, charged with, or convicted of any cybercrime is ineligible for this position.
- Access to reliable transportation is required. Willingness and ability to travel (Limited overnight travel may be required).
- Must be able to provide after-hours support on occasion or in case of technical emergency.
- A commitment to PCADV’s mission and vision is required.
- Must be able to follow strict rules of confidentiality. Examples include employee pay rates, hires and terminations, personal information related to healthcare coverage, grant expenditures, employee reimbursements, executive/management data and all other pertinent information, which would be in the realm of the knowledge available within the Information Technology department per view.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence and understanding of related issues.
- Commitment to ending violence against women.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues of cultural and socioeconomic diversity as they apply to domestic violence prevention, intervention and services and the intersectionality of institutionalized systems of oppression and domestic violence.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Documents formatted in MS Word, pdf, or Rich Text Format may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PCADV Human Resources
3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Attention: Human Resources
PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse staff to better serve domestic violence victims and program staff, many of whom experience racial, gender, economic and other/multiple oppressions. We seek people from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to PCADV’s mission to end domestic violence, to social justice and to working for social change.