This is a job listing for Women's Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence.
Our mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship (SUCCESS).
As a Grants Specialist, you will be an integral part of WC&S’ Development Team, executing all aspects of non-governmental (i.e., foundation, corporate) grant applications and reporting processes within the Development Department, including researching grant opportunities and requirements (non-governmental); writing grant proposals and reports; working closely with the finance and programmatic teams to develop proposals, reports, and budgets; creating systems and processes in order to manage timelines and the grant calendar; writing and sending grant acknowledgements in a timely manner; communicating with internal key staff and external partners; completing forms; compiling all grant information and attachments in desired order and format, and copying and mailing or online entry of completed proposals and reports.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your grant-seeking and grant-writing skills, and the ability to contribute to the organization’s mission in a variety of ways. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of demonstrated success in grant proposal and report writing, with exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills and interpersonal communication.
If you are able to remain flexible while adapting to changing demands and priorities, are comfortable with autonomy and working with a team, and are passionate about working with populations experiencing intimate partner violence, we are eager to hear from you. WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Here’s what you will do
• Develop and implement strategies to identify and solicit local, state, and national foundations, the United Way and similar organizations, and corporate foundation funding sources to meet the financial needs of Women’s Center & Shelter
• Research grant opportunities and requirements (non-governmental)
• Write proposals (including the submission of online applications), for general operating, programmatic, and capital purposes to support overall agency needs
• Write and submit all required reports to foundations, corporate foundations, and organizations, adhering to deadlines
• Create systems to effectively and efficiently track grant deadlines, foundation grant revenue and grant purposes, and grant submission dates by fiscal year
• Prepare and send foundation acknowledgments in a timely manner
• Communicate with foundation staff to determine submission strategy and schedule foundation site visits, as necessary
• In conjunction with the President/CEO and Chief Development Officer, cultivate meaningful relationships with foundation staff and/or trustees
• The position requires being available Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends as needed, via a hybrid working model
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Here’s what we are looking for
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Communications, Marketing, or related area required
• 3+ years of grant proposal and report writing experience with demonstrated success required
• Experience with a CRM database a plus; if none, the ability and willingness to learn Raiser’s Edge
• Exceptional writing skills and the ability to adapt writing style to fit the audience
• Excellent proofreading and editorial skills
• Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and project management skills, including adhering to multiple deadlines at once
• Comfortable with autonomy and working with a team
• Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities
• A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect
• Ability to establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect, and rapport with others
• Ability to understand and adhere to strict confidentiality and safety procedures
• Strong command of general technology, including Microsoft Office Suite, is required
• Desire to work in an organization committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of its values
• Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required
About the benefits
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service [Student] Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email with the subject line “Grants Specialist-Development” to email@example.com.
View All Job Listings