The Grant Reporting Specialist (Specialist) assists the Chief Financial Officer (Officer) in developing budgets for new grants and preparing budget modifications/revisions for existing grants; prepares and files all quarterly reports and monthly grant managers’ reports; monitors each grant spending to ensure compliance with relevant federal and state regulations; works closely with auditors during fieldwork regarding issues of compliance for all funding sources, especially grant expenditures and closeouts; monitors the ratio of budget/expenses of all grants on a monthly basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned
Although there are no direct supervisory responsibilities, this position assists the fiscal coordinator and the fiscal program specialist in their responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES include the following:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of four years related experience, one year in non-profit accounting with multi-stream accounting preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to write routing reports and correspondence is required.
- Must exhibit the ability to deal tactfully and respectfully with employees at various levels of the organization.
The following computer skills are required for this position:
- Experience with Macintosh personal computers.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel including using various Excel functions. Must be able to design effective and efficient Excel workbooks that include footing and cross-footing calculations and linking various Excel workbooks.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word including mail merge with Excel workbooks and lists.
- Must be willing to learn new software applications as needed.
- Experience with fund accounting software. Although not required, experience with high-end user software if preferred.
- Experience with databases is required. Experience with FileMaker Pro preferred.
Must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY/SOCIAL/PSYCHOLOGICAL AND OTHER ABILITIES
- Must be able work well independently as well as the member of a team.
- Initiative and ability to work beyond instructions that include written, verbal, diagram, or schedules.
- Good problem-solving skills that deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete work within established time frames.
- Must have the ability to maintain a pleasant demeanor even while working under deadlines/pressure.
- Ability to exercise independent initiative and sound judgment to identify problems and propose workable solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as the DHS contract as well as PCADV policies and its accounting procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret federal and state regulations such as OMB Circulars.
- Must be able to provide recommendations to all relevant PCADV staff regarding federal compliance in the areas of budget development, revisions and final grant reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, listen/hear, frequently move and sit for long periods. Most tasks will require working on a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but with frequent interruptions.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Documents formatted in MS Word, pdf, or Rich Text Format may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PCADV Human Resources
3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Attention: Human Resources
PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse staff to better serve domestic violence victims and program staff, many of whom experience racial, gender, economic and other/multiple oppressions. We seek people from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to PCADV’s mission to end domestic violence, to social justice and to working for social change.