This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
About the Organization
Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship (SUCCESS).
About the Role
As the Government Grants & Contracts Specialist, you will serve as the point person for city, county, state, and federal government grants, with responsibility for all aspects of the government grant application process. The position will also continually review all government contracts and monitor all WC&S programs for compliance with contract/grant requirements, while concurrently researching additional government funding opportunities.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your grant writing, critical thinking, multi-tasking, and organizational skills, and the ability to contribute to the organization’s mission in a variety of ways. The successful candidate will have exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, experience with contract processing, contract compliance, and data analysis, and possess a proactive ability to serve as an assertive liaison between departmental programs and the Finance department to ensure smooth and accurate grant accounting and reporting, while adhering to time-sensitive deadlines.
If you are able to remain flexible while adapting to changing demands and priorities, comfortable with autonomy and working with a team, and are passionate about supporting populations experiencing intimate partner violence, we are eager to hear from you. WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Here’s what you will do:
• Serve as the point person for city, county, state, and federal government grants, with responsibility for
all aspects of the government grant application process
• Assist Database & Contracts Manager and other key staff in preparing, reporting, and negotiating the
scope of work and other project performance-related matters by identifying realistic and achievable grant deliverables and outcomes
• Serve as a liaison between direct service programs and the Finance department to ensure smooth and accurate grant accounting and reporting
• Enter data for reports into E-Grants and other external systems per grant reporting cycle and maintain all E-Grants-related communications
• Organize and submit project modification requests as necessary
• Research government funding opportunities and guide relevant departments through the process of application
• Continually review contracts and monitor all programs for compliance with contract/grant requirements and work with Database & Contracts Manager to identify changes or issues
• Facilitate execution of all contracts, grant agreements, and OAs/MOUs including review, signatures, ensuring completeness of submission, copying, and delivery to the appropriate agency
• Create and maintain quality assurance process, inclusive of development and maintenance of pre-specified work, for grants and contracts reporting, filing and contract execution
• The position requires being available Monday through Friday during normal business hours, primarily onsite, with occasional evenings and weekends as needed; when fully trained and with demonstrated success, opportunity for hybrid work (i.e., 50% onsite; 50% remote)
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Here’s what we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Communications, Marketing, or related area required
• 3+ years of grant proposal and report writing experience with demonstrated success required
• Experience with statistical reporting
• Exceptional writing, proofreading, and editorial skills
• Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and project management skills, including adhering to multiple deadlines at once
• Knowledge of processing government contracts helpful
• Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment
• Effective interpersonal communication skills
• Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities
• A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect
• Ability to establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect and rapport with others
• Ability to understand and adhere to strict confidentiality and safety procedures
• Strong command of general technology, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite is required; familiarity and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, Tableau, and Teams
• Desire to work in an organization committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of its values
• Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required
About the benefits:
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan with employer matching; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; Headspace meditation and mindfulness app subscription; Access Perks membership; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service [Student] Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email with the subject line “Government Grants & Contracts Specialist” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Job Listings