The eLearning Specialist will design and develop bite-sized and larger learning programs utilizing different deployment strategies. Modalities will include, but are not limited to, computer-based learning, mobile learning, and other multimedia-enhanced distance learning experiences.
This position is responsible for developing engaging learning experiences for staff, domestic violence advocates, and allied professionals. In addition to understanding adult learning principles and instructional design principles, the position requires the ability to demonstrate strong project management and technical skills in various software and content editing and creation programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Instructional Design & Development
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the creation of new courses and the adaptation of existing learning content.
- Partner with staff, internal stakeholders, and subject matter experts to design, develop, and implement medium to high complexity learning programs (i.e., simulations, knowledge checks, mobile learning, micro-learning, web-based
- Organize content and learning activities and create multimedia content as necessary to create compelling, interactive learning experiences.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop storyboards with learning objectives, ensure that the proposed content and delivery format supports those objectives, and is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop assessments, as necessary, to test knowledge of content and fulfill the learning objectives.
- Work with subject matter experts to write content through storyboarding that is concise, engaging, and appropriate for the audience.
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (usually adapting materials from instructor-led training to eLearning).
- Work closely with the Training Institute Manager to develop learning designs and templates.
- Manage uploads to the LMS and troubleshoot problems.
- Conduct research and apply knowledge of industry trends to determine
useof innovative ideas in development.
- Manage project materials efficiently.
- Proofread and edit own work and the work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of training materials.
Building & Sustaining Partnerships
- Build mutually positive and supportive relationships with the leadership and staff of PCADV member and subcontractor programs and take every opportunity to learn about and promote the programs’ contributions to ending domestic and intimate partner violence.
- Collaborate with internal and external colleagues and allies in the development of community partnerships to enhance the delivery of comprehensive services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
- Support an advocacy system for victims of domestic violence throughout Pennsylvania. Facilitate networking among domestic violence advocates for mutual support, problem solving and capacity building.
Responsibilities to the Organization
- Serve as a resource to all PCADV staff in the development and provision of their own training activities.
- Attend Department and team meetings, PCADV staff meetings and in-service trainings. Contribute to discussions and analysis of issues to advance PCADV’s mission to end intimate partner violence and all forms of violence against women.
- Ensure that the goals, objectives and activities set forth in the PCADV strategic plan and staff work plans are carried out in a manner that is in compliance with project timelines and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Support the work of the various committees of the Board of Directors, Membership and staff of PCADV as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- All duties performed on an ongoing basis.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience designing and developing interactive eLearning courses required; a minimum of 5 years preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Storyline 2 and Articulate Studio ’13 required
- Intermediate to advanced experience with storyboarding required.
- Working knowledge of:
- Audio recording and editing software
- Photo editing software (e.g., Photoshop,
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite software (e.g., Acrobat Pro, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder, and Premiere Pro)
- Experience with learning management systems required (Moodle preferred).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of ADDIE, AGILE, and adult learning principles.
- Experience with virtual meeting/webinar platforms (Adobe Connect preferred)
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and audiences.
- Experience with meeting facilitation, training and public speaking.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone and via virtual meeting platforms.
Reasoning/Social/Psychological/Other Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to facilitate critical thinking processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relations with a diversity of individuals, organizations, and government agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, evaluate progress, adjust activities to complete work within established time frames, and meet deadlines; ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Experience with both Mac and PC
- See Qualifications Section for additional required and preferred computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and listen. The employee frequently moves and sits. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but with periodic interruptions.
Other Skills & Abilities
- All essential functions are to be performed at PCADV’s headquarters located in Harrisburg, PA.
- A commitment to PCADV’s mission and vision is required.
- Access to reliable transportation; willingness and ability to travel locally and statewide; some overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence, and understanding of related issues.
- Commitment to ending violence against women.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues of cultural and socioeconomic diversity as they apply to domestic violence prevention, intervention and services and the intersectionality of institutionalized systems of oppression and domestic violence.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Documents formatted in MS Word, pdf, or Rich Text Format may be emailed to: email@example.com
PCADV Human Resources
3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Attention: Human Resources
PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse staff to better serve domestic violence victims and program staff, many of whom experience racial, gender, economic and other/multiple oppressions. We seek people from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to PCADV’s mission to end domestic violence, to social justice and to working for social change.