This is a job listing for Blackburn Center, Greensburg, PA
The Education Specialist is responsible for developing and teaching awareness and prevention programs related to dating violence and sexual abuse to students and those associated with the care and education of children, and to the general community. This is a non-exempt position as defined in the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is full-time.
- Develops and presents informational and educational programs for students, parents, teachers and school administrators.
- Develops and presents informational and educational programs for the general public.
- Develops and presents in-service trainings for professionals in the community.
- Disseminates information about the agency’s programs and services to all public and private schools in the county, and other entitites providing programming for children.
- Supports the development and implementation of public relations strategies.
- Coordinates the compilation of data from implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Supports the implementation of Crisis Intervention Counselor Training to staff and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in education or related field.
- Knowledge of child development and related educational theory.
- Familiarity with school setting and classroom management.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner to individuals and groups.
- Valid PA driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Westmoreland County.
- PA and FBI Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Two years teaching experience, preferable multi-grade.
- Knowledge of primary prevention strategies preferred.
- Experience in program planning preferred.
- Knowledge of issues related to domestic violence, sexual assault, and other crime preferred.
Please send resume with cover letter to:
Education/Outreach Program Manager
P.O. Box 398
Greensburg, PA 15601-0398
An Equal Opportunity Employer
View All Job Listings