This is a job listing for Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Implements school-based violence prevention and intervention programming and prevention education.
- Conducts evidence-based violence prevention curricula in high schools.
- Disseminates information on teen dating and domestic violence.
- Conducts classroom presentations on domestic and dating violence.
- Facilitates psycho-educational groups in schools.
- Implements training programs for school personnel, parent organizations, and other professionals about the effects of domestic violence on children.
- Leads school-wide safety intervention programming, recruiting and engaging student leaders and facilitating school-wide conversations about campus safety improvements.
- Assists in the evaluation of school programs.
- Develops and revises educational materials.
- Documents and enters statistical data for department and submits in a timely manner.
- Assures that Justice, Autonomy, Restoration and Safety (JARS) will be utilized in all departmental activities.
- Meets regularly with supervisor to review, receive and prioritize tasks and address issues/problems of the Education Program.
- Performs other PCCD grant-eligible duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Completes training hours required by the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency as part of orientation, as well as monthly internal training sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or social services preferred
- At least 3 years experience in a related field
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Windows, Outlook and Word
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues
- FBI and Act 33/34 clearances
Salary & Benefits
- This position is full time and non-exempt.
- Salary is low- to mid-$30,000s annually.
- WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
This position will remain open until we find the best candidate for the position. To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Administration at email@example.com by end of business day Monday May 18, 2020.
View All Job Listings