This is a job listing for Alice Paul House
About Alice Paul House
Alice Paul House is a comprehensive victim service program located in Indiana, PA. We provide services to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime, and juvenile offenders.
Education Coordinator – Full Time
VOCA Grant Funded: March 2020 thru February 2022
This is a mid-management position. This position will be responsible for the oversight of the Prevention Education and Awareness department, the Education Advocates, and the development of lesson plans, preparation, and delivery of prevention education and awareness programming that facilitate active learning experiences. Requirements: Develop lesson plans; establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities; prepare classroom activities; provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities, and identify and select a variety of instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs. This position reports to the Executive Director and is also responsible to be proficient in tracking and entering statistical information into APH databases and be accountable to the Direct Service Coordinator for accurate, timely submissions into these databases. The expectation is to create interactive relationships within the Indiana County School system and Community Partner Agencies and present relevant prevention and awareness programs. This position may require the employee to be available during non-business hours and weekends to provide educational activities during non-school hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in post-secondary education or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology proficient, with the ability to work with MS Office suite of programs expected.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and build productive relationships with multiple stakeholders including students, families, school-based staff, central office staff, universities, employers, and community partners.
- Engage students, their families, and their communities year-round, through formal and informal activities, to stimulate and support collective impact and to help students utilize the resources available within their social networks.
- Keep a record of student participation, student information, and work/activities accomplished.
- Set measurable goals, monitor benchmarks, celebrate milestones, and document evidence of student growth; provide effective feedback and reflection. Certification in the 80-hour domestic violence and sexual assault counselor/advocate training required by PCADV and PCAR
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean DMV record, and reliable method of transportation
- Must have clear PA State Police, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- Sensitivity to Victims’ issues and needs, including the ability to understand and follow all regulatory requirements regarding safety and confidentiality of clients
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) and sensitivity to issues of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
- Supervisory experience desired.
Interested candidates should forward their resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 724-349-7883
Attention: Whitney Carmichael
Deadline: Friday, September 18, 2020
View All Job Listings